He did it. Corbin went all two hours in nursery with out fighting with the other kids or banging his head or having a melt down. One of the leaders said that he and a little girl were pulling on the same toy. She hurried over to protect the little girl (that has been their normal routine) and Corbin just let go and played with something else! He still wanted to have Derek in there with him for the first hour, but what a major improvement. People in the ward kept coming up to me say "Corbin just ran to me and gave me the biggest hug". I just smiled and said "Well you are one of his favorite people". And that was that. Our little Corbin is being the darling boy that we enjoy so much. I am now a real believer, it is not just our imagination....Corbin has changed. He is not perfect (he's 3) but he has been so much easier. Yea!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I just got tears in my eyes reading this...I suppose I am a bit over emotional but I understand the feeling of having others see your children the way you do and having such an awesome breakthrough! I'm so glad!!!!:)
This is awesome Shannon! I am so happy for you guys :)
YEah!!!!!!!!
I am so happy to hear the news! What a relief for you to know it is as simple as a change in the diet. I am sure it is harder than it sounds, but so glad you were proactive in getting him checked.
HOORAY! I am so happy for you and for Corbin. I hope it keeps going as well as it is right now!
Thats Great! and for other people to notice! thats awesome, like i said you are amazing. I still remember when you were my laurel advisor... you have always been a wonderful example to me! Thanks for your love and example!
Wow! That is so great to hear! I hope that success continues. I'll be sure to keep my ears open for good recipes that might work for you guys. =)
well we are still waiting to hear back from the auction to see if anyone made an offer that the bank will accept. our realtor doesnt think that we got it because it was such an amazing deal. 3 bd 3bth, a loft and about 1850 sq ft. for only $166,900!! i know unbelievable... but we are going back out this weekend to look at more house!
Update!
After Corbin’s 2nd visit, we were told that he has a yeast problem so he is taking something for that now, it is making him a little cranky but it will pass and we’ve dealt with much worse. The good news is we don't have to eliminate any other food which is such a relief!
Hooray!
Shannon what about those cookies that you make from the cake mix? I don't know what you add to the cake mix (probably eggs) I'll figure it out then write back. Corbin needs to stay away from dairy and how is he with bread? Does he have to stay away with stuff that has yeast or can make yeast worse? I have trouble with yeast. Don't give him mushrooms!
I want to start digital scrapbooking so that I don't have to spend an hour setting up and cleaning up. Sounds too good to be true huh!
Post a Comment