It was last Christmas 2006
That we got a phone call waking us at 6:30 in the morning
Telling us to open the mysterious package that had been left on our doorstep.
Inside was a puzzle, as we put it together our hands started to shake and our eyes began to tear.
It announced that a birth mother had chosen us to raise a baby boy due in the spring.
Cooper was born May 1st , but it was on Christmas morning that we started to love him. So thanks to a loving birth mother, we have a second son and an extra special reason to love Christmas.






18 comments:
I didn't know that was how you found out. What a sweet story. And what an adorable little boy.
What a wonderful day for you! How fun to have such a great Christmas memory!
What a joyful memory! Thank you for sharing that sweet, sweet story!
What a cute way to send an amazing gift to someone! He is such a lucky boy to have such great parents that appreciate him, and what lucky parents you are to have such a cute baby boy!
That's a cute blog Shannon!! What a cute boy--and what a wonderful way to remember that day!! Thankful for a thoughtful birthmother and thankful for that day. Thankful for a boy named Cooper who we FINALLY get to meet in a couple of days. We're really looking forward to it and can't wait to see you guys. Love ya!
I was thinking about that yesterday too. I was driving up to see ROmneys mom and said to Romney "a year ago today we found out baby #2 was on his way" He is such a sweetie and are so happy he is in our family too.
WOW! what a sweet way to find out you would Mother another sweet boy!
Did you figure out a new Christmas morning breakfast?
Heidi- for Christmas Breakfast we had (dairy free) waffles, fruit, bacon and sausage. Not exactly my dream breakfast, I was hoping to find something I could prepare ahead of time to cut down on the morning mess, but the boys liked it. So over all it was a success.
I cried like a little girl when I read Coopers Story. My sister-law is making a book about the time leading up to getting her new little guy with Shutterfly have you thought about doing one for your boys? She's patterning it after a book that she has about adoption I'll get more details and fill you in.
I have thought about it. I would love to have little adoption stories for both boys. I would love to know what book she has.
I love that little guy! We are all so lucky to have him in our lives!!!
I am so happy for you guys. What a special way to remember christmas. Hope you had a great holiday this year.
Oh, I love that story. What a sweet story your little guy will have! And what a fun memory for you to have each Christmas.
It's been fun to get to know you better through your blog. I have heard stories of you and Kelly and Jeff for as long as I have known Adam, but it's fun to see a different side!
such a sweet story and a great memory! Thanks for sharing it so beautifully on your blog!
Okay that story is too cute! It seriously made me teary eyed! It looks like you guys are doing good. Were still in Riverside, so give us a call if you guys wanna get together!
So sweet!! This time of year has similar feelings for me. It was 2 years ago tomorrow that we brought home Christian! Aren't we lucky to be Moms of such adorable little boys!! WE need to get together sometime. We miss you guys!
That's so awesome! What a cute story! That was a really fun way of finding out about Cooper!
that is so awesome and I love the puzzle! Chrismtas is really a special time...extra for you guys.
Post a Comment