I was thinking about how much of my day is filled with sounds, not words, but sounds. The sound of my alarm wakes me most mornings but today it was the sound of Corbin opening my bedroom door. That is a much nicer way to wake, especially when he has slept in an extra 45 minutes, yipee!
He and Cooper are the makers of most of the noise around here. These are just some of the sounds that filled our house today. (I'll translate)
Ummmm Awfulls = the answer to "what do you want for breakfast", waffles.
Uhh Uhhh Uhhh = Cooper wants more food
Heee Hee ha Aah Hee Hee = Corbin laughing at cartoons
Ehhe Mamama Ehhhe Mamama = Cooper crawling around the house looking for me
MMMwah MMMMwah = Me kissing my little boys every chance I get
RRRRRRR = Corbin is frustrated
Mmmm zzzzzzz Mmmmm zzzzzz = Cooper is humming and chomping on the vibrating teether
Ahhhh, Bang! Ahhhh, Thud! = Corbin in time out, hitting the door ...ops time out counting starts over... poor kid
Ma-ba-da-ma-da-ha = Cooper's constant babbles
Ding Dong... yippee = aah pizza is here
Whoooo Weeeeee= Corbin riding his bike down the driveway to give dad one last kiss before he leaves for work
Creek, swoosh, jingle jingle, pitter patter = ugh Corbin is out of bed again dragging his spider man sleeping bag with him
I love the sounds that fill my life. One of my favorites is the sound of our bedroom door opening. That means Derek is awake! Daddy is here to help. I could sure use his help now, it's almost midnight and Corbin is still awake. Arg!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
This is precious. I love your blog. I hope that you will print this blog page and save it in your journal. Better yet, I hope that you are recording some of these sounds. Today they are common. In years to come they will be worth their weight in gold.
You're right I should be taping more than I have. I know someday I will miss these sounds.
Shannon, I love visiting your blog! You're just too cute.
I love the sounds that fill my life too (even though I have to admit...sometimes the sound is a loud, exasperated "SHHHHHHHHHH" coming from MY mouth!) We have a lot of 'Ummmmmm Awfulls' at our house too.
Thanks for next years April Fool's idea, too. :)
Sounds like you had a very full day!
Isn't it wonderful how us mums know what their noises mean.
Loved this! I have some of the same sounds in my house, but I would have to add "Wah!!!" and "You're a mean mommy!" So my list wouldn't be quite as charming!
Shannon-You are a pro blogger! This is absolutely adorable! I love all of these precious sounds!
These sounds are adorable. I love the little guys that make them. You did a great job of transcribing them. Phonics comes in handy
Pretty cute stuff!
FYI - I changed my address to:
aaronkatie.blogspot.com
Shannon you are sooo darn cute! I love your page and your beautiful lil family! All those sounds were so fun to read! Love you lots!
I just noticed the cute new picture of Derek and the boys...darling! And I can't help but think that YOU probably picked out the ties! (Your colors!) :)
What a darling blog! How fun to have such fun sounds around your house.
You have a full day of interpreting going on!
It is so hard to read this about you and see all the cute pictures about you guys because it just makes me want to be there with all of you! or get some of those sounds in my home again! ;)
Post a Comment