I was tagged a while ago by Kristen. What a slacker I have been. So here are 6 quirks of mine you may or may not already know.
1. I love to watch Christmas movies and listen to Christmas music in the summer.
2. I get a little claustrophobic in a hot car when I'm a passenger.
3. I can't stand to hear people crunch, slurp or smack their food. The sounds of people eating makes me a little sick to my stomach. I know that chewing makes sounds I can take some, it's just when it's extra loud or sloppy that it gets to me.
4. I can't cut corners when I'm walking I almost always follow the sidewalk. When I was at BYU they had a big campaign to keep student from making trails across the grass "Cougars Don't Cut Corners". What ever they did this stuck and that phrase runs in my head.
5. If I get the hic ups. I always have them again later that day. They come in twos.
6. I like surprises when I know they are coming. Like, I would never peek at a Christmas present because I like the surprise of it. I really like knowing that something fun is going to happen, even if I don't know what it is. I like to know a surprise is coming so I have something to look forward to.
Now, I tag Erin (after you post about your trip to Africa of course), Melissa, Katie and Autumn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Well, now I know more about you that I didn't know before. Fun...fun..
I'm glad that you tagged Erin. Maybe even I will learn something I don't know about her....or...do moms know everything?
I hope that you and your sweet mom had a happy Mother's Day. My family spoiled me again.
Shannon, I am exactly the same way! I told you that we are so much alike!
I just had to laugh, I thought I was the only one totally and completely grossed out and bugged by vocal chewing, slurping, or eating of any kind. It's a real treat at dinner some times but I just remember that my boys are small and KINDLY remind them about manners.
Even your quirks are cute! I don't think I could stop at JUST 6!
That's funny that you get hiccups in twos. Want a cure? I promise it works!
Take a tall glass of water, place a metal butter knife (sharp side down) in the water. Drink the water while pressing the other end of the knife onto your temple. it works for EVERYONE in my family, and everyone I have passed it on to. Test it and let me know!
Shelby- that is quite an unusual tip. I will have to give it a try.
Kari- My little boys can get away with noises that Derek can't but I know that one day their adorable-ness, will run out and they too will make me sick.
I'm so with you on the presants thing. It so nice to get surprises isn't it.
Madison smacks her food and drives me crazy! I try not to be too critical with her so she won't get a complex!
I had a great time visiting with you and Melissa yesterday we need to plan for another get together nest month at my house! Your boys are so adorable and Corbin is doing great!!!!!
I mirror most of those things, except for the surprises. I DO NOT like to be surprised. Just ask Adam. He surprised me with a proposal. Didn't go so hot...
I am so with you on the Christmas music. I always dread it when they start playing less and less on the radio. I could listen all year round!
That is so funny that your hiccups come in two. How cute!
Isn't half of the surprise ruined if you know it's coming? I love surprises so much that when my wife got pregnant I kept trying to convince her that she was just getting fat, so she would be really surprised when a baby started coming out.
Very Clever Mr. Unmighty. I'm sure she loved being called fat (smile). Your right, maybe I really hate surprises and just love presents. Hmmm
Shannon...HI!!! Thanks for writing and saying hi! I love this blogging thing. I am not sure why I haven't been doing it always!
I visited your blog yesterday from Becky's. Your boys are DARLING. I just love that little cooper...and what a sweet name. :)
Kori is blogging...you can get to her from my site..."The Hydes".
Well it was good to hear from you. Glad things are going so well.
I am spending the weekend after Memorial with Kelli and Jo...I am so excited!
take care
KAM
Post a Comment