


So....Corbin seems to have this "I turning 4" thing down. Tuesday July 29 was Corbin's 4th birthday. He was so excited to wake up to the house all decorated for his party. We did a Hot Wheels theme. He is totally into race tracks right now. So he thought it was about the greatest thing ever. All of Derek's family come over that evening for dinner and cake. It was a house full of family and fun.
It was actually today, July 31, 2004 that we first met our little Corbin, there in the hospital nursery. The nurse was just about to give him a bottle, when she found out that we were going to be his mom and dad she handed him to me.
What a moment.
Holding him for the first time.
I couldn't hold back the tears.
We had a whirlwind couple of days.
Corbin was born on a Thursday.
That evening our Case Worker called to tell us that a baby boy had been born and that we had been chosen by his birth parents to adopt him and could we come pick him up at the hospital Saturday.
We were stunned. We had only been officially approved and ready to wait for a baby for a couple weeks. We expected it to take months before someone had chosen us and then we thought we would have a few months to really get ready.
But Corbin had a different plan, he was in a hurry, he came 6 weeks early and we were in shock.
Both Derek and I went to work the next day, Friday, to let them know that we probably wouldn't back for a while. And then spent the evening buying a few basics, like a car seat and bottles.
Suddenly, before we could even wrap our heads around what was really happening, there we were looking at our son.
He was perfect...tiny...but perfect.
We still feel so amazed that he is ours.
We love July 29th, Corbin was born.
We love July 31st, Corbin came home with us.
We love July 31st, Corbin came home with us.



14 comments:
Happy 4th Birthday, Corbin!
I remember hearing about his arrival to your family! I had no idea you were adopting and I was so excited for you. It still gives me goosebumps thinking of what a wonderful (and whirlwind of an experience) that was for you.
Love the cute cake.
WOW! happy birthday to Corbin!
I cannot imagine what you went through with that... only given a days notice you were going to be parents! YIKES! I would have been freaked! sounds like you handled it very well!
Happy Birthday Corbin! What an amazing story that is. You hear of people having to wait for years to be able to adopt. You are so very lucky... what a huge blessing. I couldn't imagine just having 24 hours to prepare for parenthood. You two are amazing!
Happy Birthday.
Looks like he had a great day. Hot wheels are a favorite in our house to.
That would have been THE most exciting few days for you. I can only imagine finding out and then your baby is here straight away. WOW. How perfect.
Happy birthday little guy!
Reading this totally brings tears to my eyes. I can't wait until we have a "story" to tell! I just can't wait!
Happy birthday Corbin.
what a sweet post
I hope Erin and Patrick will be blessed like this soon
Love to all
I love birthdays!
I'm sorry to report time only seems to speed up as they get older. I'm so glad for pics and videos to capture these precious moments.
Yes, we're moving to Murrieta. I'm sad to leave the beach but I want to stay home with my kids instead of have to go out and get a job.
It'd be fun to hook up sometime!
I hope he had a great birthday! I love july 31st to, it's wesleys birthday!
WOW! I can hardly beleive you have had him for 4 years! Lucky you!
It's the sweetest joy in the world to be a mom and you always express your emotions so beautifully... you've got me in tears over here... :)
I love that little birthday boy.
Happy late birthday, Corbin!
What a day to celebrate!
I'll never forget the day we found out Corbin was joining your family. That was just the BEST day ever!
Happy birthday Corbin. We love you!
We were so happy to be able to join the the celebration. Since we've been home the girls have been singing happy birthday to him while they play! =) I love the last picture the best! Such a contageous smile! =) xoxo
Happy B-day Corbin. You have awesome parents:)
Happy Birthday, Corbin! And he's the lucky one. :)
That was the sweetest story! Really, touching! I am glad I found your blog, always fun to catch up on what everyone is up to. By the way, your house looks awesome, I love the colors.
Post a Comment