Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Penny Pincher


For months before Cooper turned one I was looking forward to the day I could stop buying formula and bottles and gas drops. I would day dream of all the things I would be able to spend my extra money on.

pedicures, facials, new clothes (for me), things for the house...

Then I woke up!

Kids don't get less expensive as they get older, they get more.

Their toys cost more, their clothes cost more, their food costs more, their fun cost more....

So in the last few months my receipts from Target haven't gotten any smaller, but Cooper keeps getting bigger.

And he is worth every penny.

10 comments:

Alison said...

AMEN! My costco bill isn't getting smaller either. How can this be? They are definately worth it though. Cute pic of Cooper. =)

Mike and Shelby said...

First of all...what a cute picture!

Second...here, here! (At least there is the redeeming fact that Corbin and Cooper are the same gender! I was SO happy to find out my second was a girl because it meant all those clothes and toys Lauren had were going to get double the use!)

...a pedicure and facial does sound nice though...

The Snow Queen said...

I don't know what you're talking about!! My four kids are free, and so are their toys, and their mechanical singing toothbrushes, and the fruit snacks with batman, and the "sparkly" school spirit t-shirts...

The Snow Queen said...

American Girl doll $98.00Superman flying cape $8.00
Hannah Montana concert tickets $2,300.00.
Bedtime Stories and Family Prayers Priceless. (no need for a mastercard)

Shannon said...

Very cute Melissa. And Shelby your right about the same gender thing. I was hoping our 2nd would be a boy for that very reason.

Erin said...

As we've been looking into stuff we are realizing how pricy it's going to be... yikes! We can't wait! smile

Thank you for the book suggestions! I bought both of them on Amazon the other day! Can't wait for them to arrive!

Erin said...

What a honey he is!!! He is worth every penny he is just a ham. A honey ham.

Shumway FAM said...

love your comments.
it's all so true.
I only penny pinch in areas I can, so that i can afford the extras.
"Saving my pennies, so I can spend my dollars!"
c-ya

Grammy Staffy said...

sooo true!
Love the picture with the balloons.... too cute

Unknown said...

That little body is the cutest thing I EVER did see!