

Well he's off to another year of pre school.
We have been counting down for the last week with a little paper chain. Corbin got to rip off one link every morning.
Today all I had to do to wake him up {at 6:30} was turn off his fan (I'm sure that will get harder as 6:30 gets earlier and earlier). Today he popped right up and said,"I pull off blue one today, ". Yes, blue was the last link of the count down. Yep, that means that today is the first day of school.
As I got him dressed he told me some of the rules at school "take your thumb out or time out" (Corbin is still a thumb sucker) and "don't hit, be nice boy" and "No milk or eggs" (his food allergy's to watch out for).
Last year I had a very hard time leaving him at school.
So this year Dad did it.
I just packed his backpack , we all said a little good morning prayer and off they went.
Now, I can't wait to see the bus pull up and hear how his day was. I hope it ends as happy as it started.
12 comments:
What an exciting day! (Smart to have dad do the drop off this year!) Smart boy to remember the rules.
Like the new green background.
How fun for Corbin! It looks like he's got enough glue to last the entire year. I love his picture smile--it cracks me up! He's such a big kid and a smarty for remembering all the rules. Caden is considering no eggs or dairy (trying harder to focus)--it worked for Corbin. Hope he has a great day and hope Mom has a great day with Mr. Cooper. let us know how it goes. love ya!
He is so cute!! and I lOVE all the GLUE!!! :)
Thanks, Shelby, I was getting tired of the blue. I haven't changed anyting for a whole year. Now we'll try a year of greeen.
--The glue and scissors are Corbin's class donation.
I love that School boy!
Shannon, you are so good at preparing him. Your "link" idea works so well. Is the concept 'linked' to your last name by any chance?
I hope that he loves it. Thanks for sharing the cute pictures.
The main thing I miss about teacher is running my preschool. That was always fun working with the little one.
I love the shark shirt! What little boy wouldn't love to go to school in a shark shirt! What a cutie!
He's going to have a GREAT year!
So the glue's not all for him then? I thought maybe he did A LOT of crafts at his school. That's a great idea though. A class donation instead of finding one of everything. Hope he had a great day!
Shannon-
Delani is in the same class as Corbin. Her first day was today. I took her and saw Corbin get off the bus. She had a great first day. The teacher seems great. She can't wait to go back tomorrow. See you at back to School Night!
Christi
Such a bittersweet moment, isn't it?
Time seems to speed up when they get into school. Pretty soon, before you know it you have a high schooler, YIKES.
Yes, I actually went to HIGH SCHOOL back to school night last night. Where do the preschool days fly to?
I'd love to get our boys together to play sometime.
Have fun treasuring those days!
~Rebecca
Oh what a cutie pie. So hard for us to let go. I still get teared up sometimes and Dylan has been in for a month, I know I am a baby:)
I'm so glad Corbin is loving school! I'm sure he loved having Derek take him to school for his first day. I know Annaliese loves it when Kermit takes her. Great pictures! Very cute smile!
Post a Comment