Friday, January 9, 2009

Already Late...

I don't even have any pictures from this year yet! So I thought I would add
the Christmas morning shot.

It has already been 2009 for over a week... and my Christmas stuff is still up. It's gone way past the point of fresh and festive, we have now hit droopy and depressing.

Not being able to put it away is making me a little crazy and I feel like everything around me is out of sorts.

However; I will look on the bright side.

I am lucky to have a husband with a job. (even though it's the reason he hasn't had time to get the Christmas tubs out of the garage for me).

I am lucky to have 2 boys. (even though it's why the ornaments on the trees aren't where they started and some of the branches are extra droopy)

I am lucky we had lots of family in town for the holidays (even thought it's why I'm still trying to catch up on the laundry)

I am lucky to have live in a time when medicine is so effective (Cooper had his first ear infection which is another reason why I'm a little behind in my life)

I feel blessed to hope for baby #3. {not to be confused with being chosen for baby #3... this is not an announcement, we are still not approved yet}. (even though it's totally stressing me out because I want to get all the paper work done this month and I haven't had much time to sit at the computer)

So even though 2009 and I have started out a little rocky, I have high hopes for us. I think this is going to be a great year.

11 comments:

Jan's Blog said...

What a darling family you are... I think 2009 is going to be a great year for you too...and your growing family. Love you Shannon!

Katie said...

I think 2009 will be great for you as well! I LOVE the matching pajamas.

Heidi said...

Nice PJ pants. I love those. Dont worry you arent the only one with Christmas stuff up... I do too!

The comstocks said...

That is a cute picture, you might as well just leave the decorations up for DEC. this year, it will save you time. :)

Mike and Shelby said...

Cute picture! How fun that you all matched with your pj's. Did you make those? (Actually, even if you did, please lie and tell me you didn't because otherwise that would really make me feel like you were queen mother!)

We still have to put our decor away too. I have it all gathered up and placed on the dining room table waiting to be boxed up. It's funny, every year, I am so excited to get all the festive decorations out, I love the look and feel of Christmas EVERYWHERE. But by Jan 1st-I AM SO DONE WITH IT! I feel so closed in and want my plain, clean walls back. I think today is the day to get it done.

...have you learned short comments are hard for me? (sorry)

enjoyed your list of blessings too.

Erin said...

cute little post. Call me and i will watch those boys so you can sit at the computer for baby #3! Anything i can do for more nieces and nephews Im in! BUt i do know what you mean when the festivities are up too long...droopy it is.

Baak Talk said...

Did you make those darling jammy bottoms?

Sounds like you've got all the crazy stuff out of the way for a happy new year already!

Hopefully we'll be able to get together soon!

Noelle and Corey said...

Amen, sista! I just got mine put away today, but I still have the cleanup to do. My mom would sometimes leave the decorations up until Valentine's Day, so don't feel bad, although I think she did it on purpose.

Shannon said...

Yes I did make the pajama bottoms. It's a little tradition for now. But let me tell you that finding flannel that a child and a dad and a mom can wear is getting a little harder every year. This year I went with tug boats.

And thank you all for not cleaning up your Christmas too. It makes me feel a little better. I'm hoping that tomorrow is the big day! I'm starting to suffocate (smile).

Grammy Staffy said...

Good luck....I hope that you were able to get your home back together today. I know how you feel. Our decorations have been down for a week but they are still sitting in boxes in our game room. John may want to leave them there until next Dec. but I don't think so!!!! Last week we couldn't find the tape to tape them up....the last we saw it one of the grandkids had it.....today he says it has been too windy and he had to work on getting leaves out of the pool.... I wonder what the excuse....ahhh...reason will be next week???

Have a good Sunday tomorrow.
Hugs, Lura

Kris said...

Hi sweetie. I love the way you see life.
I believe it will be a great year too.
A new baby sounds great to me! But, the two you have are terrific.

Too bad you didn't post a picture of the darling tree in the family room. You are so creative.