Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Lost and Found

I'm very embarrassed about this but here is goes....

These shoes were lost. I looked for 3 days wondering where they could be. I looked under beds, in the cars, outside, in the laundry baskets, in all the closets, but nothing.

As I thought back to when Corbin had worn them last the only thing I could remember was the Burger King playland

....but no....

...we couldn't have left them there....

...No... I would have noticed if I loaded him in the car without shoes right....

After day 4, I got out the phone book, looked up the number, and timidly asked if any shoes had been left behind that week.

Sure enough, they had our blue plaid slip on's.

I wonder how many moms before me have pulled up to the drive thru speaker and said no, they didn't want to order anything today, just here to pick up our shoes?

10 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh my goodness... thats too funny!

The comstocks said...

haha maybe he was wearing long pants and just couldnt see his feet! :)

Baak Talk said...

we had a similiar incident, although it was a missing pooh bear that turned up on the back wall of albertsons in the stock room just hanging there, next to the bathroom (after 3 weeks of Kierstin's faithful prayers that he would be found!)

I'm going to visit Heather next Tuesday, 2/10 at about 11:45. Would you like to meet us too?

Call me 951 894-2235 or email me thebaaks@netzero.net

Heather said...

Wait until you have more kids this will happen alot more!

The Plewe Clan said...

That is hilarious! I am sure that will happen to me one day!

The Texas Links said...

That makes me laugh out loud! Hilarious!! I've never left somewhere without shoes--but I've gotten to where we were going and realized someone didn't have shoes on--it's happeded more than once to various children. Don't worry though...it'll happen again...and you're not alone.

Mike and Shelby said...

That is pretty funny. Thanks for being brave enough to share! Yet, I'm sure you're not the only mom to have done that kind of thing!

Stacey said...

That is funny! I think being a mom makes you lose your mind a little bit. I know, I've never been so forgetful in my life!
I'm glad you got the shoes back...
It make s a really good story!

The Snow Queen said...

I called the Beaver,UT Wendy's at about 10:30pm near tears because Poppy had lost her blankie. Thankfully the manager has kids and knew what a well loved blankie looked like... she mailed it to me. So kind and sweet. I'm impressed you knew where to look, I would have wondered for years where those shoes went.

Kris said...

FUNNY!

But...I am not THAT surprised that you left without the shoes....you and your bare feet!