
This is my new motto.
If you know Derek than you might think that we laugh over here all day long. Well, Derek is a funny guy but he isn't home all day long....but I am....with the kids....and I need to remember to laugh.
Since I bought this little reminder It has come in handy like when:
Someone drew a spider man web all over a wall in red marker (while I was on the computer)
Someone spilled a bag of popcorn kernels in the kitchen (while I was visiting with mom)
Someone covered the back window in muddy hand smears (while I was busy with wedding flowers)
Someone got into my new jar of expensive face cream (while I was on the phone)
Seeing the word laugh reminds that I don't have to get mad. And it also reminds me that when I'm the one that is starting to go crazy it's usually because I'm not paying attention to the boys. Every one is happier when mom is laughing and playing with the kids and not when she's mad that she is cleaning up a mess that was made while she was on the phone.
So there ya go. I'm going to remember to laugh...especially when "things" happen that wouldn't have happened if I hadn't left the kids to keep themselves busy.
11 comments:
So true! The moment mom is occupied then it is open season at our house. At least that is how it seems. Laughing is way better than screaming. So I am with you.
That is one I try to remember too. I think having a visual reminder is what I need. Great idea!
This post made me laugh! I need that reminder around here too!
Magic Eraser does wonders for marker messes...in fact I will be using one this morning to try and get the crayon off Brooke's train tracks. She found one of Lauren's crayons and it so smoothly rode along the tracks....I found her trying to scrub it off herself with a wipe. I think she knew that's what I'd make her do once I found her. :) ...laugh...
I love to laugh too, but I seem to not laugh at my kids antics as I should be. Great reminder!
sometimes you have to laugh when things are so terrible and there is nothing else to do.
love it!!! laughing is the only way to go. I do believe what they say is true LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE. (who is they anyway?)
Joseph Wirthlin agrees. In his talk, "Come What May and Love It", that's almost exactly what he says. There's a U-tube of the talk it's great. I gave a talk in sacrament about it, and I was 1/2 hour late (time change). Then they had me give the talk anyway when I got there. They had faith that I didn't blow it off so they rearranged the order (lucky me). It was the ultimate object lesson. I think I will do a post about it!
Good Advice to us ALL!
Maybe I should call less often! HaHaHa!
Love the web by your Little Artist!
...to answer your question - it was our third official date, a little over a month and a half of dating. CRAZY, huh!?!
Great advice... even Grandmoms need to remember to laugh.
Good luck and keep smiling.
Hugs, Grammy Lura
Post a Comment