Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Seeing Double

9 years ago today we had a double wedding with my brother Joel and his wife Lori. I know most of you couldn't imagine sharing Your wedding day. But we got engaged the same week and both wanted a June wedding so there ya go.
I had been single for a while and decided my only hope was to get married before my little brother. And I did, by 30 minutes. My Family and Derek's were in a sealing room upstairs and when ours was over Derek's family went out side to wait while the 2 of us and all of my family went down stairs with Lori's family to another sealing room . I think it work out well. I know Lori and I would have done some things differently if we had our own days but we were just happy to be getting married to such great guys it didn't really matter in the end. The reception was in my parents back yard and we each had 10 tables to decorate in our colors. On the cake we alternated flowers on each layer. It was a wonderful, beautiful day full of family and friends.

I am so blessed to have Derek. He is an adorable husband and I love every minute that we have together. Happy Anniversary Hun. And Happy Anniversary to Joel and Lori too!

20 comments:

Jan's Blog said...

Happy Anniversary. And thanks for sharing this story. Oh how I wished I could have been there that day. Here's hoping the next 10 years will be even better!!!

sarahhicken said...

Happy Anniversary! It seems like such a short time ago you were getting married. My how time flies. We will be there next week and would love to see you guys again.

Heidi said...

I acutally remember going to your reception. You were my laurel advisor, and I remember you telling us all about Derek. And didnt one of you dance to your first song on the roof?
Happy Happy Anniversary!

Baak Talk said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Isn't amazing how time flies? You're almost at the decade mark (makes it sound longer doesn't it?) that is until you go to R.S. and hear someone celebrating their 60th!! Then I think, wow, I have so far yet to go!

Many happy decades more to you!!

Shannon said...

we did dance on the roof. it was a last minute brilliant idea of my moms.

Mike and Shelby said...

What a special day for all four of you! Happy Anniversary.

kthom said...

I love anniversaries. A big HAPPY one to you both!

Erin said...

Happy Anniversary! Nine years?? That is awesome! We are quite a few years behind you... but our few years together has gone by in a flash!

I remember you dancing on the roof- how romantic!

Congratulations!!

Kris said...

Ahh. I remember the day too. IT was glorious!
I love both couples enormously.
Although it seemed you waited a long time for marriage the wait was so worth it. Derek is wonderful, I agree.
Lot's of love.

Stacey said...

I can't believe this day was 9 years ago! I remember it so
well... I remember how beautiful you were and how funny Derek was...I remember you dancing on the roof and wishing I could get married and dance on a roof. :)
It was a beautiful wedding day!
You married yourself a good one!
I hope you had a wonderful anniversary day!

Law Rhen said...

remember how i totally posed your dancing on the roof idea? i wish we could have had a triple wedding. 13 yrs old is a good age to wed right? your such a hot bride!

Noelle and Corey said...

How did I not know it was a double wedding? How fun! I love the pictures- you look beautiful! Our 10th is in August, and I keep hoping he'll surprise me with a romantic trip to Italy... Haha!
Congrats! I hear the best is yet to come!

Noelle and Corey said...

How did I not know it was a double wedding? How fun! I love the pictures- you look beautiful! Our 10th is in August, and I keep hoping he'll surprise me with a romantic trip to Italy... Haha!
Congrats! I hear the best is yet to come!

Erin said...

happy anniversary,,,,late. sorry about that. I havent been online lately. Anyway, nine years???? where is the time going? it goes fast when you are happy and in love right? right! heres to another 9!!! and then some....

Grammy Staffy said...

Happy Anniversary. I can't believe that it has been 9 years already... wow... how time flies.

You had a beautiful wedding. I think having a double wedding was really special... and very unique. We don't often get to attend a double reception.... special in deed.

Alison said...

Gosh time flies! Happy Anniversary to you guys. We are coming to town soon and can't wait to see you! xo

Grammy Staffy said...

Hello again

Shannon would you please hop over to my blog and vote on my blog poll. I need blog support.

thanks

Hillary said...

Awww....Happy Anniversary! I never new you were married on the same day as your brother. I think its a cute story.

Peggy Glasmann said...

My sister and I were married 1 day apart. She wanted Manti and I wanted SLC temple. But we had our receptions together. We had a double cake that was joined by a bridge with a fountain under it and the brides and grooms were on the bridge. We loved it. Congrats. I can't believe it has been that long. You two look so happy together - still!! Lots of love to you!

Wayne & Kate said...

what a CUTE story! one to always remember!
we've gone to the ward every week since we've been back and i never saw you until yesterday- weird right?!
xoxo