Thursday, August 6, 2009

I'm Not Ready...

The count down till kindergarten is on.
I'm a little nervous......but I want Corbin to be excited, so we made a chain. That's just what we do around here.

I can't believe school starts next Wednesday. We are packing all the fun we can into the next few days. If you need us we'll be at the beach (smile).

9 comments:

Crissybug said...

Corbin looks so cute in this pic! I love your reusable chains. I really need to make some for my kids...or maybe I can pay you :)

Caden is getting really excited for school too! I can't believe they are going to be in Kindergarten! When does school start for you guys? Our is on Monday!

Kris said...

This picture is wonderful of our boy. I am having the same feelings about him off to school. That is why I want to take him on a Grandma date today.

Jan's Blog said...

He surely is a beautiful boy. Darien starts preschool soon and it's a wierd feeling to entrust her to someone else. But I'm sure they will both thank us for starting to let them go a little. Like you, I can't believe how fast it comes!!!

sarahhicken said...

It will be a very sad yet happy day! I think I was the only mother crying when we dropped Emma off. Most of the mother's looked like they were off to party. Oh well, no shame in shedding a few tears as we watch them grow into amazing people.

Stacey said...

I looove a good count down chain! You always use the "good" paper and make them super cute!

I was over at Laurens blog and spotted your rice recipe...I stole it right away! Sounds delish!

Have fun at the beach!!

Erin said...

Oh my goodness... already going to kindergarten?? They grow up too fast! He is a cutie!

The river is my favorite place in the whole wide world! Being there with most of my family, having fun on the boat- I love everything about it! You would too!

Autumn said...

Wear your sunglasses then no one will know you are crying. What!! It was hard I cried for a least a week.

The fly-fisherman said...

We are all about paper chains too. We make them for holidays, vacations, football season, etc. Anything and everything gets a paper chain.
Kindergarten will be so great. I am excited for Corbin. I think I was the only mom wasn't crying as I took my kids to kindergarten. I was so excited for them, and all of the adventures they would have. Maybe because I loved going to school as a kid... I don't know. He is going to love it, and you will eventually love the time he is there.

Mike and Shelby said...

sigh. Only a couple more weeks left here. I think I am going to miss Lauren being at home with me! I know she'll love it, but I think I'm going to be that sappy mom on the first day...the kind I promised myself I'd NEVER be! :)

I admire how you make the countdown fun for Corbin. Kindergarten, here we come!