I found a $100 bill today. Yes one hundred dollars.
I thought I lost it almost 5 years ago. Yes, Derek had been accused of spending it while I was out of town on a girls weekend. Still when ever I clean out a drawer or put on a coat that I haven't worn in a while I wonder if I will find it.
I started to think about the stories you hear of people who pay their tithing but know they won't have enough money to buy food for their 12 kids, and then they walk down the street and exactly the amount of money they need is sitting in the gutter or under a rock or whatever.
You know the ones.
Well I had decided that it must be OUR lost money that other people find and think that their prayers are answered. God works in mysterious ways, right. And in a way it made be feel better thinking that maybe someone who needed it more than me found it.
And then boom, there it was.
Hmmmm, maybe I'm the needy one. It sure did feel good to find you ol' long lost friend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
hello...where was it????? Jim said he lost $100.00 at your house 5 years ago too, he didn't mention it cause he was afraid it would be awkward...but now it's not. Whew, good thing we paid our tithing. We'll pick it up tomorrow.
Nope...this one is yours!!!!!
That comment from your friend Kate is hillarious. Fun story.
-Byron
Kate is funny! I lost a ring about 5 years ago at RCC and I still think that maybe I will somehow find it. It was a CTR ring so maybe someone else needed to know to choose the right!! I think Tai Pan is calling your name for new home decor!
L-U-C-K-Y!!!
love it. spend it. enjoy it....... or save it...whatever.
That is a lucky little find!
My mom and I just spent a couple hours this week wrapping up all our Christmas books from growing up (plus a few more we bought to make it a full countdown)....my sisters and I are SO excited about the little tradition you shared last year and can't wait to make it a tradition in our own families....THANKS! While we wrapped, it made me think of you and I had to brag to my mom about what a fabulous mother you are too (and of course, we were both in tears within minutes)
Sounds like a night on the town to me! :)
Ahh... that is great. Where did you find it? I am so curious. Now that you are rich when do you want to take me out to lunch???? heehee
sounds like there's some extra cash for christmas....that's great that you found it. JEALOUS! i get excited when i find a 5-er in my jacket or pants, i imagine i'd pee my pants if i found 100 smackaroos...happy holidays. i sure enjoy your posts. thx for sharing.
Post a Comment