
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
The First Change
So we have been in the house now for almost 2 months. That sounds like longer than it feels. But I am loving it and having fun getting settled. We have lots of big plans but things are moving a little more slowly then Derek would like. Mostly because I have a hard time deciding what I really want, especially when it comes to colors. But the first thing to do was obvious. TAKE DOWN THAT BORDER. It's amazing how such a small change can make such a big impact. It feels like a whole new kitchen. Ta Da our first before and after pics..


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Beautiful! And I am JEALOUS of all that counter space!!!
I know moving in and 'updating' takes a while, but it makes the process more fun. Every time a project is finished, it's like getting a new room without having to move again. Enjoy it!
Congratulations on your new home, hope you are getting settled okay!
It really makes such a difference! Sometimes you wonder why in the world some people put stuff like that up! Can't wait to see more of the house!
that looks a lot better!
wow seems brighter.
WOW! that is a GREAT first change. I would have done the same thing! Lookin good!
Shanon, I loved everything about the house, and when you talk about all the changes you are going to make, with your impeccable style, I know this will truly be a heaven on earth for you and your family. I have already felt your spirit there.
Love you,
Jan
I so need to talk to you...how has the move been? We definitely need to see the new digs. Glad you posted! I hope you are feeling a little more relaxed now. Good to be home.
love the changes. You need to post more pics of the new house. Congrats on getting settled.
Love it! I just painted around the border in our dining room, but it was so ugly and I was short on time, so I just painted over it. So naughty, I know!
Magic Juice
(Laundry Water Booster)
1 Gallon Warm Water
1/2 cup 20 Mule-Team Borax
1 cup Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda
Add one cup to each load of laundry water.
(I only use this on my whites and towels, but I think you can use it in all laundry)
And the discipline book I love is called Positive Discipline by Jane Nelsen. (love it...even works on my adventurous little one!) You can also subscribe to her email. The emails only come about once a week at the most, about 3 a month. And they have helpful tips and reminders. She has another book specifically for toddlers that I plan on investing in this week too!
It's so fun to do a project that leaves your own stamp and makes it feel more like home!
The kitchen really does look better with that simple change. But, the entire house is feeling more like your home just having all of your cute things in it. The plans you are making will sure enhance it though. Can't wait for them all.
Post a Comment