Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 2

We had kind of a rough night last night. I heard Cooper starting to stir around 10 (and in our limited experience we have learned that when a kid wakes in the night, they need to potty) so I got him and took him to the potty but that made him so mad. I gave up and took him back to bed and just moments later he was wet.

So we changed sheets and undies and put him back to bed. He woke up about an hour later screaming for a drink a water this time he did go potty and woke up an hour later screaming again for some water. It was hard not to let him have any. Poor kid.
Last night was awful. I'm really glad that Derek was home last night to help. Tonight it is all me. I hope it goes better.

But other than a hard night he has been doing great. He woke up dry and went right to the potty. He was very excited that he had "peed a circle" (filled up the little tray all the way around). We have had one accident today so far {it is nap time again} and another good poo.
.....

The rest of the day went well. We had one more accident. I have realized that the accidents happen when I'm not close by him (that's all my fault) and he is outside. This one I was talking to Corbin about his school day. He has started to shout "I going potty" all by himself. But I still have to remind him to get up and run to the bathroom.


So the tally is in:
Potty in the toilet- 10 times

Accidents in the undies- 2
Nap- Dry
Poops-1

Hoping tomorrow will be even better.

1 comment:

Mike and Shelby said...

A trick we learned that I should have shared before day one for you...

Waterproof mattress sheet on his mattress to protect it (which you probably already had anyway). And I have one of those really thin washable diaper changing pads that has soft flannel on one side and plastic on the underside. I put that pad down first then layer about 10-12 baby blankets on top and let them sleep on that. That way, in the middle of the night, if he has an accident, you don't have to be changing the sheets and stuff. Just peel off the few blankets that got wet and put him back down. It's quicker so he (and you) can get back to bed sooner.

If I were there, I'd bring you a pad and a pile of blankets...and maybe a nice tall coke (well, the coke just 'cuz that's what I would need) :)

Keep going, it really is sounding like great progress!