Last night Cooper woke up at 1:30 shouting "Mommy I going potty" so I jumped up and he had started wetting the bed but stopped and finished in the toilet. I think that is progress.I think tonight I will wake him before I go to sleep to see if I can get one more trip to the bathroom out of him. I would love a dry night!
Today went great! Not one accident. Amazing. I haven't really left the house now for 3 days and I still feel a little nervous about that next step. He will not go in the big toilet, only his little potty chair. Any tips out there to help with this one? He did try standing and peeing in the regular toilet tonight and did well, but he's still a little short for that to work great, especially out where toilets are higher. Hmmm, not sure what to do about this one.
Our final tallies at the end of day 3 are...
Potty in the toilet- 14
Accidents in the undies- 0
Nap- dry
Poops-1
Hurray! He's got it.
5 comments:
you are so brave to do nights too! I'm far too lazy. If he can't reach, you can always suggest Andrew's way of peeing....3rd world style, feet on the toilet seat in a squating position. It's a bit crazy but he pretty much potty trains himself and that's how he likes it...why ruin a good thing I say!
Hmmmm, so far, I've only trained girls so the tall toilet is only a challenge as far as getting up there to sit. My girls love going to Babies R Us where they have cute little kid-sized toilets. (I have to admit, they are so cute, I've wanted one in my house...it would actually get rid of 9/10ths of the problem here...the little piddles that happen while trying to climb up!). I purposely don't use the tiny potty chairs (I may when I train the boy though...) With the girls I just saw it as one more step to the process and figured it could be eliminated. I say what's the harm in letting him keep it for a few weeks? In public restrooms he may have to sit to go if he can't reach standing.
So, I'm not much help to ya here. But 2 years from now, I'll be asking your advice, kay?
YAY!!!!! and what cute underwear! Now we get to see his cute little bootie.
I LOVE your potty training posts! you are so clever---and you must be sooo proud of your dry little boy!
These are great photos.
His bum is adorable.
What a good mother he has.
Post a Comment