Monday, October 1, 2007

Our Little Weekend Get-Away

Posted by Picasa
We took our first little trip as a family this weekend. Usually when we leave town it's to visit family, this time it was just us and the boys. Derek was part of a K-9 show at Sea World and we decided to make a weekend out of it. We stayed at the Residence Inn in the La Jolla the room was great and they allowed pets so Renzo stayed in the room with us. Corbin loved that. Cooper was great! He took all the little changes in his schedule in stride. We spent all of Saturday at Sea World. I had the boys to myself for most of the day. That went much better than I imagined. Corbin loved all the animals. He especially enjoyed Shamu, the dolphins and the otters. Now that we are home he likes to look at the map and point out all the "amalls" he saw. We had a great time but it's always nice to be back home!


10 comments:

The Plewe Clan said...

I am totally going to have to read your book...boy 2 is giving me a run for my money!

Erin said...

So fun. It looks like you guys had a great time. The picture of derek and the boys is very cute. I am so glad it went so good. WEll excellent job on you blog.

The Texas Links said...

Cute pics!! It's fun to get away and be just your little family every once in awhile, huh? We'll have to do something like that when we get there this winter. Fun, fun! Love ya!

Katie said...

I love the blog Shannon! I am so glad I got to visit with you while you were down here. Your boys are so cute. I am glad you got to have a little family trip!

Alison said...

What a fun weekend! Cute boys - all 3! (or should I say 4? Renzo a boy too?) Sounds like such a fun getaway! What stroller did you end up getting? Looks like it works well! It's all about the gear! =) Looking forward to December! We just bought tickets for new years! It'll be fun to visit with you and the boys! Wow they are growing fast!

Summer said...

Hi guys!! We haven't seen you in so long! We stumbled into your blog through Erins who left a comment on my friends blog, funny huh! It looks like you guys are doing great! So glad to see you have baby #2, He's adorable!!! This blogging thing is great I have reconnected with soooo many old friends! Well feel free to check us out, and we'll peek in on you guys every now and then.
Take care,
The Davis Family

Kara said...

Hey, Shannon. I saw your comment on Chelsea's blog. It has been so long. You have such a cute family. Anyway, fun to see you!!(Kara Morris)

The Biggs Family said...

Hey Shannon, isn't this blog thing so cool. I love that I'm able to connect to some many people. I love it. Your boys are so cute! And yes, isn't the books wonderful. I love them. Take care!!

Alison said...

I;m sorry that I am slow getting back to you on the stroller thing...it's been a little nutty here the past few weeks - the girls were all sick! =(
I love my valco double stroller and I have tons of friends with the single that love it- I don't use it to run though but some of my friends with the single do occasionally I think. I'm not a runner so can't really say...but I do know this - watch for craigslist- people will be selling them because they outgrow them or don't use them! =) You might snatch up a good deal! Oh, check out Mountain Buggy, I see those all over. Also, Baby Jogger.

The Snow Queen said...

Hey,
I found you! It took me a long time to figure out that if you click on the name of the person who left the comment it will connect you to their blog. I know I'm a little slow. I can't believe the blog. Did you photo shop all those pictures before you put them on? I am definately needing some help! We should get together so you can show me. I'm asking for some kind of scrapbooking program for Christmas. Do you do that too?