
I thought that when you became a mom that things weren't supposed to gross you out anymore. You know things like changing gooey diapers or putting your hand in the garbage disposal to fish out something that doesn't belong. Don't all moms say
"When you've changed as many diapers as I have you can do anything." Well I'm not quite there yet.

There are a few things that quickly come to my mind when it comes to yuck. Like I still hate putting my hand in a sink full of old, cold dishwater and as cute as babies are, even mine, slobbery kisses turn my stomach a little. And then there is the matter of banana's. All kids love them and they are great at Cooper's age, big and soft and he can feed himself. But the goo and smoosh and slime that follows is at the top of my yuck threshold.

I know it probably sounds heartless that an innocent baby with a healthy piece of fruit makes me a little sick but it does. He gets it in his hair and smashed all over the high chair straps and the little creases in the seat. I often cut them up and roll them in Rice Krispies to avoid the mess, but he loves them whole so much that I am willing to clean up the dripping, sticky, drooled on banana goo in hopes that it will make be a better mom someday. So peel those bananas and wipe those chins, I'm not gonna let this stop the fun.
16 comments:
I'm with you Shannon. Some things are still gross even if it is your adorable, sweet child that you love. Good for you for doing it anyway! It would take a toll on my gag reflex :)
I hear you! I love that first picture. Wish I could have my own little banana-boycott, but Brooke loves them too much, too.
I've never cared for the slobbery wet kisses either! Mike calls them "sugar kisses" but I say, "No thanks!" Wipe that cute little mouth THEN kiss mommy!
you're so poetic. Really, that was probably exactly what every mom thinks...like me, too.
It's nice to know I'm not alone in this. Thanks.
Let's face it--Babies do gross things! Maggie is the only child of mine that walks aroung with her fingers in her nose (CONSTANTLY) and then looks at what she's retrieved and then, disgustinly, puts her finger in her mouth. Sometimes it's even followed with a "YUM". However--not that I ever feel the need to eat boogies--a little squooshed banana might be fun for adults to do every now and then. Eventually, not sure when--mine aren't there yet, they won't do things to gross us out any longer and we'll be begging for a some banana's on the face. Love ya!
Let's face it--Babies do gross things! Maggie is the only child of mine that walks aroung with her fingers in her nose (CONSTANTLY) and then looks at what she's retrieved and then, disgustinly, puts her finger in her mouth. Sometimes it's even followed with a "YUM". However--not that I ever feel the need to eat boogies--a little squooshed banana might be fun for adults to do every now and then. Eventually, not sure when--mine aren't there yet, they won't do things to gross us out any longer and we'll be begging for a some banana's on the face. Love ya!
Just thought you'd like to read my comment twice!! Sorry, don't know why it did it, but.........
I'm with you on the cold dishwater thing. It's horrible. And I hate to reach my hand in the disposal for like five reasons. One being I'm afraid it will turn on!
But, your little guy is so cute I could deal with his slobbery kisses!
How great to hear from you! Next time I'm in Cali I would love to get together. That would be very fun! Your kids are adorable! How fun to be a full time mommy!
We had so much fun with your parents on the cruise... it was a blast! They are great!
I just realized why the comments from the mothers who agree with Shannon about being grossed out make total sense. You see, I am the one who is being quoted saying, "when you've changed as many diapers as I have nothing grosses you out." It's because I changed REAL diapers. The kind that you rinse in the toilet with your bare hands before stashing them in the hallowed diaper pail. You young mothers just don't know what GROSS is! Smiles....from a REAL mom!!!!
That must be it. You are better than all of us. How will we ever make it (smile)? Maybe I'll just need you to come over more often to do my dirty work for me (hee hee that would be great!). You are the truly experienced one. And I only have two kids and you have 5. If we get to that number maybe I'll have a handle on all this gross stuff. I did learn from the best!!
I am soooo grossed out by bananas that it makes me sick to smell them so it is truly an act of love to have to watch one of my kids eating bananas. I am totally with you on this one.
Aren't boys the greatest !!!
Aren't boys the greatest !!!
I'll never forget Tammy catching Caden's barf at that sea food restaurant in Huntington Beach years ago...do you remember that? Funny kiddos...all kinds of things we do for love. =) Happy Birthday! I think I'm a day late, suprise, but hope you had a wonderful celebration! xoxoxo! We're coming to town!!! =) I can't remember dates but we'll be there for Derek's birthday again this year! Very excited to see you and the boys SOON!
You are too funny!
Post a Comment