Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I heart Derek and his Sister too

I have a darling husband and wonderful sister (in-law). Derek planned a little getaway for us to celebrate my birthday. He took me to a great hotel for the night and scheduled a spa day for me there and had reservations at a fancy little restaurant.

Everything was perfect and wouldn't have been possible if Erin wasn't willing to come stay the night with our boys. She even got up at 6:30 to get Corbin off the school. He had a great time with his "Aunt Ern" and Cooper wasn't sure who he wanted to hold him when we got home. He kept leaning from Erin's arms to mine and then back again.

So, ThAnk YoU to my sweet honey and his fun sister for the great gift. It was so delicious to sleep until 10:30 (what a treat) and knowing the kids were in great hands made it really easy to relax. I love you both. (Erin I plan to return to favor to you someday!)

I also want to add a ThAnK YoU to my parents who come over Saturday night so Derek and I could enjoy a dinner, out child free. They even vacuumed and folded a pile of clean laundry. Wow, do I have a great family! I felt pampered this year for sure.

17 comments:

Alison said...

So glad you had a happy birthday celebration! =) That sounds like it was a much needed break! What a relaxing treat! That pic of Derek and Erin is so fun, when was that taken? So cute!

Heidi said...

OH how i wish I had family close enough to do something like that. What a special treat to get away over night! I bet you were in heaven! and to have parents that fold your laundry for you... what it would be like

Mike and Shelby said...

Oh, Happy Birthday! And a spa day? SOOOOO nice! (You must check out Glen Ivy, too! Anyone who likes the spa experience MUST go!)

Isn't family wonderful!? Sounds like you have a great family and married into a great family! (And you can totally see the similarities in Derek and Aunt "Ern")

sarahhicken said...

Happy Birthday! Congratulations on the wonderful evening out and weekend away. What a wonderful gift. You sure deserve to be pampered a bit.

Shannon said...

Alison- your dad took pictures for us a few months ago at the botanical gardens. Erin came along to help get the kids attention. This was taken some time that day while your dad was setting up. Cute huh?

Summer said...

What an awesome birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful time, nothing beats sleeping in when your a mom. And it's even better when you know you don't have to worry about your kids!

About idol, I suspected Brooke was LDS when she said she's never seen a rated R movie. I really like her too!

Katie said...

YAY for great husbands and in-laws. I am so glad you were treated so well on your birthday - you deserve it!

Heidi said...

thanks for the energy-G egg replacer. I will have to try that for his first birthday cake next month. THanks!! :O)

Grammy Staffy said...

Shannon you have such a darling family. I'm glad that this blogspot helped you get in touch with my Erin. I will enjoy checking your blog and keeping up with your cute family. By the way, I agree with you. You do have a darling mother. I'm glad that you appreciate her. Have a good day. Grammy Staffy

Erin said...

how fun. I have never seen that picture. ANyway, I had so much fun with your kiddys. THey did great! Im glad you guys had a good time.

Kris said...

Hi Honey,
I too want to thank Erin for being a darling aunt. I loved Tuesday morning thinking of you and Derek sleeping in at the beautiful hotel-child free. Delicious.
Lot's of love to you. MOMMA

kristen said...

Hi ,
Yes Logan looks like he has mild Autism. We go for the formal accessment on April the 18th but he has been having early intervention all his life. I guess the hard part is that he looks normal, seems normal but other people just think he's being naughty when the tantrums start. He has to do most things in a routine and wears us out with his crying. I think a lot of it is because we can't understand what it is tries to tell us. He has got much better lately and hopefully will continue to. We do speak therapy and have just finished physio. He is now just starting Ocuupational therapy to help him write etc for next year when he starts school. It is hard isn't it.
Take care Krsiten

Erin said...

Happy Birthday!! I have never spent the day at the spa... is it everything we women dream it to be? Someday... yep, someday!

Stacey said...

What a wonderful birthday gift! Much deserved! Happy late birthday, Shannon!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, you lucky lucky girl! Thank heavens for families!

Hillary said...

Happy Birthday Shannon! Sounds like you had a wonderful day. What a wonderful husband and sister in-law.

I have a adoption/tax question for you. Do you know if I am able to claim the expenses I have spent on the adoption process thus far on our tax return or do I have to wait until we adopt? If yes do you know what form? I do our taxes.

Thanks.

Hillary

The Plewe Clan said...

What a wonderful hubby you have !!! Happy Late Birthday!