Friday, March 14, 2008

Noodle Time

Corbin loves pasta. My camera isn't working right now so I dug up this picture from the first time he ate spaghetti. He is about 1 year old. Now he's 31/2 and his love for noodles lives on.

Tonight while I was feeding Cooper his last bottle of the night, Corbin made himself a snack. He opened the fridge, found the left over noodles, opened the container they were in, dumped them onto a plastic plate, dragged a chair over to the microwave, put his plate in, pushed the 30second button, got off the chair, got out a fork, put it on the table, heard the ding that the noodles were done, climbed back onto the chair, took out his plate, got off the chair and over to the table with out spilling anything and shouted "Noodle Time!"

He is my little cook that knows what he wants- when he wants it and apparently can get it done all by himself. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't been sitting on the couch watching the entire thing. I think he'll make a great husband someday....he's not afraid to help out in the kitchen (smile).

13 comments:

kristen said...

How good is that. That is my aim having all boys "Teaching them to be self sufficient".
Looks like you're off to a great start.
We've had a fantastic week with Logan. After lots of complaining that he was behind developmentally he's started to copy words we write. We were thrilled. We just have to keep him doing it every day now and hope he keeps soaking it up like a little sponge.
Take care Kristen

Mike and Shelby said...

They grow up so quickly...and become so independent! I love that he "waited for the ding."

Lauren and Brooke both love noodles too, but they have more fun dipping them in the sauce with each bite than already having the sauce on them. (And we found some really yummy rice noodles that Lauren can eat....I actually like them better than the regular wheat ones)

Katie said...

I love that he can do it all by himself, that is great! What a cutie.

brashearmark@gmail.com said...

This picture is so funny! Corbin is such a cutie! I cant believe that he cooked the noodles all by himself, that's awesome!

Erin said...

noodle time is a fun time. How cute is that? What a great helper! We'll see you guys tonight. Very excited!

Alison said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE! That story is great! I'm seriously amazed! How'd he do that? Wow how he is growing! Darling picture of him too!

Alison said...

Love those brown eyes!

Grammy Staffy said...

What a smart little guy.(Since I'm a child dev. teacher I'm an athority on smart kids...)What a fun story. He is a good little problem solver. Can I borrow him to cook dinner for me?

Grammy Staffy said...

upps, I was typing too fast and didn't proof read. I meant to say authority....that shows how smart I am huh!

Grammy Staffy said...

Hi Shannon,
Thanks for making a comment on my blog. Feel free to give me a call anytime you have a question. I don't know if I can help but I would enjoy taking to you anyway. Have a good day.

Erin said...

I think that is one of the cutest pictures ever! Had you previously shown him how to use the microwave or did he figure it himself? Either way, that is amazing! Kids learn so much from watching...

Heidi said...

good job corbin! thats great!

Hillary said...

I love it, too cute!