Okay, we aren't sick of school....but school is sure making us sick. Corbin has always been a healthy kid. We've hardly ever had to take him to the doctor because he's sick.
Well, that all changed once he started school. He has been going to preschool for about 3 1/2 months and has already had bronchitis twice, pink eye, stomach flu, and a few other random colds. This is not the healthy boy I sent out into the world (smile). Is this normal? Maybe he has had too sheltered a life (sigh) and this is just an initiation for his immune system? Tell me, will the germs ever end, because we are sick of being sick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
It's the first kid in school syndrome. It brings unbelievable amounts of sick home! So sorry!
I remember my first year of teaching high school was the WORST! Like Corbin, I never used to get sick, but my first year I had strep throat for the first time, the flu and countless colds. YUCK!
I now wash my hands between EVERY class and keep the hand sanitizer next to my desk to use OFTEN! I feel OCD, but it seems to help.
My advice to the whole wide world... if your kid is sick, keep them in bed!!! I think it could eliminate all sickness in the world! smile
Erin- I agree, keep the sickies home. Of course, now that I think about it, I never used my sick days when I was sick...you save those for something fun and power through the colds. Hmmmm.
I am sorry that your little guy has been sick so often. It is so hard on a mom when her little one is sick. I hope that he will build up more resisitance soon.
I've been sick every two or three weeks since Sept. I think that this has been a really bad "germ" season. The lucky thing for me is...1- I don't have to go to school or make sub plans...2.- I don't have to take care of little ones when I feel rotten. It is nice to be able to actually go to bed when I'm sick. See, there are some advantages to getting older.
Good luck with Corbin. I hope that he will be well enough to enjoy Easter.
So sad for Corbin!! I keep some hand sanitizer in the car and when I pick up Trevor from school we immediatly wash away the school germies (Thats what we call them), because sometimes we get busy when we get home from school and forget to wash our hands. So that helps. Good luck.
It's good for them--builds up their immune system. Isn't that what they say??? It's not good and it's not fun. Before Maggie went into the hospital-she had been coughing for a month. Just a cold. The first thing the Dr. would ask-"Is she in daycare?". Apparantly not a good place to be if you don't want to be sick.
We are lucky this year in Brynna's class. Her teacher, Mrs. Watson, is a germaphobe. Maybe not clinically, but they sanitize constantly--their hands, their desks morning and before they go home. She also encourages staying home if the kids are feeling under the weather. It's the best way to stop it from spreading. The nurse at school always thanks me for keeping me kids home.
Well-we hope that Corbing is feeling better and that it's a while before he brings home his next bug.
I just looked at the picture again. Poor Corbin--he looks miserable and very sad.
Get better soon little buddy!
OH my goodness. poor little guy! Im so sorry he's not feeling well. Hopefully it all passes, right?
What a sad little picture! Poor Corbin, poor you too! Hope he feels better soon!
We have been sick since Oct 1 around here! Not joking! I don't think I have one picture of Addie this winter without a gross goopy nose. They say this is good for them in the end?
Shannon,
Just go to the cutestblogontheblock.blogpaper.com (I have the link on my site) and she has all the instructions posted so pick a background and follow what she says to do then when you are done you just change the colors and fonts of your text.
Good Luck
Sarah
Yes, it will end! First born...first to go to school...first to bring home ALL the yucky stuff! (Doesn't make it any easier for you though!)
Poor little guy is right! That picture is soooo sad!
Post a Comment