Cooper is Ours!
We went to court on Friday April 4th to finalize Cooper's adoption. It was a great morning. Both of our Parents, my Grandparents, Jeff, Erin and Romney were all there with us. After the hearing we went to lunch at Simple Simon's which was a yummy ending to a very sweet morning.
Here are some Photos that Derek's dad took for us that day.
Reviewing the paperwork
The official signatures

With the Judge

All the family who could be there
Our happy little boy!
It is such a relief to know that all the court stuff is done. It's hard to explain what it's like to have a child that feels like yours but you know in the back of your mind that something could go wrong, something totally out of your hands, that could take him away. We love this little boy. He is just what we needed in our family. Now, we get to set a sealing date, and he'll be ours forever. We can't wait.

24 comments:
Happy Day! This is wonderful. I am so glad you will be able to have him sealed now.
I'm so happy for you. He is a lucky little guy to have a mom and dad that love him so much.
were so glad that we could come and be part of this great event. HE is such a sweetie and so squishy I cant stand it.
Oh, Shannon...HAPPY DAY! Just the the first phrase "Cooper is ours!" made me tear up. We are thrilled for you. A joyous occassion, for sure!
ok...and I just noticed the picture of Corbin in the "official signatures"
...too cute!
How wonderful! I just teared up, these kids have made me way to emotional!
Shelby- I put them out of order so it wouldn't be so obvious but...it didn't really help. So, thanks for noticing (smile). I thought it was pretty funny too.
Shannon, that is so exciting! I am so happy for you guys!
I keep thinking about you, I need to call you soon! We need to find out how to start all this stuff.
Reading that just made my day. I am so happy for you. I just love to hear about sweet babies being apart of such wonderful families. I hope many more make it into your family!!
Hey Shannon-
This is Derek's cousin Kari, just saw your exciting day, Yea for you guys. He's a doll and so glad that he's YOURS!! Enjoy your day and say hi to Derek :) Fun reading about your cute family !
What a beautiful thing!!! We wish we were close enough to have shared that day with you. You are truly blessed to have such sweet boys. Congrats you guys--We love you all!
oppps...sorry to point it out, but it was too cute!
Wow this post bought me to tears. We have thought for a long time about adopting a sister for our boys. This is beautiful.
How did you get involved in it all and get a baby. It's so hard for us to adopt here. Most have to go overseas (like China etc).
I would love to know more about what you've been through and how long it took you. What made you decide to adopt.
Too beautiful .............
I am so happy for you guys. What a wonderful time to have eveything done and to be able to get on with your family.
CONGRATULATIONS! You guys have had such amazing faith through this whole adoption! I'm so thrilled that it's officially official! The pics turned out so good! (Shannon, your hair looks great!) My favorite pic is the last one with Cooper just beaming. Derek is too! Looking forward to seeing you all soon! Love you! xoxo
Congrats!!! You are a beautiful family.....inside and out.
Congratulations! I went to a friends court date a couple months ago to finalize their adoption and it was just amazing. I could even feel the relief and peace during the procedings. I am sure you that was a great day for you guys.
Dear Shannon,
Congrats!!! The pictures say it all. What a great day for you. It will only be topped when you get to take him to the temple. As an adopted child myself, I know that it is not by chance that you got your Cooper. My Mom always told me that I was God's gift since she could not have me herself. You are blessed and I am so happy for you.
Oh wow! Congratulations! My heart feels so tight! I am so happy for you and grateful he's yours! Lucky, lucky little boy! And lucky you.
HOORAY! I love the pictures of you guys...you look sooo happy!
that is awesome! Congrats to you and your family!
Was it you that left the message on my blog? I do work with a little boy that is autistic. It was so fun. I am a program therapist. I get to play with him and basically get him to use his words appropriately, and work with him on identifying the function and features of things in his environment and community! I really like it!
Congratulations!What a wonderful day! I'm sure in away these past months have been the longest months of your life. I know I'm going to worry the whole time. I so happy for you guys!
Congratulations! That is so amazing! I just added you to my blogspot...I hope you are all doing well. Take Care.
Stacie Aragon
congrats! i am adding you to my list of adoption friends. i love a good adoption story.
thanks for visiting. come back any time.
congrats again. what cute boys!
Post a Comment