Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day Derek

I am lucky to have such great Dads in my life.
Derek is a wonderful dad. Derek loves being a dad. He learned how to be the great dad that he is by being loved and taught by his wonderful dad.
I love my sweet dad. By watching him I learned how a man should care for his family. Because of his example I knew what I was looking for when I found Derek.
So thank you to the amazing Dads in my life that make me and the kids feel special and loved.
Derek is great with babies.



He takes us fun places

He loves to get out and play with the boys

Derek always comes to rescue and fix things for us

And when it's a two man job, Pops is always there to help

Our boys are so blessed to have a dad that loves them the way Derek does. I know that they will grow up to be fun, loving, wonderful Dad's like their Dad and Grandpa's are to us.
We love you Dad!

8 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

What darling pictures. I'm glad that you have such great dads in your life.

We love your dad too, and your sweet mom of course. They have blessed our lives for years. I hope that are enjoying their trip to Utah.

Erin and Pat were discouraged by their first visit to family services but have found another agency that they are excited about.
Take care. LOL

Erin said...

What fun pictures!!! Derek looks like the kind of dad every kid would want to have! What a great tribute to your honey!

Shannon, thank you for talking with me for so long the other night. After we hung up I felt bad it was so late for you, but I loved every second of our conversation. We are looking forward to our upcoming adventures- and I'm sure I'll be calling you every step of the way. Again, thank you for your advice! You are so sweet!

Erin said...

OK... that is so funny- my mom and I must have been leaving comments at exactly the same time! We both love Shannon!

Alison said...

Happy Fathers Day Derek! You really are a wonderful father. You're also a great brother. I love you!

sarahhicken said...

Those are great pictures of your kids and Derek. Isn't it wonderful having men in our lives who love to spend time with their kids. Hope you had a great Father's Day.

Mike and Shelby said...

How sweet! I've dropped the ball on the Father's Day post this year...It's partially written and saved as a draft...maybe by the end of the month?

Mike and Shelby said...

Oh, and I love your randon journaling on the side of your blog! Fabulous idea!

Erin said...

cute post. D is a good little one isnt he? well he is not little but you know what I mean.