Corbin has loved going to school. He loves riding the bus, he loves his teachers, he has even made friends. His language has really improved and his social skills are too. Enrolling him was the best thing we could have done for him right now.
But....
Today was Corbin's last day of Preschool. Summer break has officially started.
And I'm a little freaked out.
I was very sad to see Corbin off to school every morning....in the beginning.
Now, I love having my mornings to run errands, give Cooper one-on-one time and clean up messes without someone making new messes simultaneously.
I'm not sure what to do with Corbin.
He hasn't been mine in the first 5 hours of the day for what feels like forever.
In know that we will get a new routine soon. But right now I'm a little afraid he's gonna go crazy.(this is the boy whose new experiment is to take his poo out of the toilet and try to wash it down the sink instead, ahh). I may enroll him in a private preschool a couple days a week (wonder what they would do if he tried his poo game with them?), but maybe he just needs a break.
I don't know what I'm gonna do, but if you live close you'll probably be getting a phone call from me wanting to set up a play date.
Please say yes...

13 comments:
Play dates are a must in the summer! (So sad you can't call me! I would say yes.)
I love his new happy face. He is just dripping with personality.
I would totally do a play date if we lived in CA.
Do you get anything from the state to help with any kind of therapy time? I should get some information from my mother in law. My brother in law is 18 and pretty severe... and she had some good respite care during the week.
well, I live close by and though we haven't been good about regular play dates...it's not because I'm not willing. Trust me I will need them too - so we will be in touch!
How 'bout a play date marathon in July! =) The girls will love it! Wish we could see you more often. xoxo
I think you guys should come over and swim.... put tell Corbin not to try the poo trick in the pool.
It was fun talking to you yesterday. Drop by some time when you are visiting your mom and I will help you set up Google Reader.
I'm typing too fast and not proof reading...shame on me...I meant to say "but tell Corbin" not "put"...upps
Come on over and Drake will teach him a new trick or two! We need to get together with Melissa again, Drake had a blast!
Grammy Staffy we would love to come over and swim. Thanks for the invite.
Thanks Heather and Beck, I'll be calling.
Heidi- the Regional center won't help us. Do you know anyother way to get help? Therapies are expensive.
yes yes yes. We can all go to Hemet and swim or we can meet at one of our houses. (technically it's my moms house but she's not here so I can call it mine)
SO that is the famous Ms. Lynn he loves huh? SHe looks great. Im so glad he has had such a good experience with school. I have seen huge progress with him. Its great. I'd be more than happy to have a play date with my little man.
Please come and play. My boys would love it. They'd enjoy the flight too wouldn't they.
The things little boys get up too!!!
TREASURES
Hi Shannnon,
Wish you lived closer, you could come play at our house!
I got your message... so great to hear from you! I got a pretty bad cold this weekend... coughing, sniffing... eewww the works. I will call when I'm not so disgusting! smile
Don't you just love poo games?? No??? It's a very curious thing, this poo. It makes lovely wall decor too. It will pass--promise.
I will tell you that I love mommies-day-out twice a week for Maggie. It gives me just enough time to do things, important or not, but things that would be harder if Mag was with me. It's worth it. You might even look into it for Cooper too. Shannon time.........(begin dream sequence)
Love you!
Post a Comment