
Cooper is 13 months old today.
This week I packed up all his bottles.
They have been in the cupboard the last 3 weeks just in case he needed one.
He didn't.
He is a big boy.
He doesn't need a bottle any more.
He drinks his milk out of a sippy cup.
I am a little sad.
14 comments:
I hear you! It is hard for a mom to let go of her "baby". I don't think dads have as hard a time as moms do. I remember John cheering the kids on to each new step while I encouraged them, but with a tear in my eye. For me,my children's growing up was met with ambivalence. I was happy to see each new step toward independence but at the same time I wanted to keep them little and in my arms. As I said, I hear what you are saying.
Oh he is a big boy! I bet it is hard when they aren't your baby anymore. But, on the positive side, he is a stinkin' cute big boy.
What a cutie!
I wonder if it's easier for the younger siblings to move to the next stage because they have the older child's example. But on second thought, maybe not... my brother didn't walk until much later because all of his older sisters carried him EVERYWHERE!!
Guess what? We have an appt for our LDS Services orientation. We are SO excited! I will keep you posted.
really? jackson is 13 1/2 months... and Im so sick of washing the bottles. and I feel like if I dont get rid of them soon, I will be in for it... I will try to start ASAP! thanks for the inspiration... truly it was!
It is sad...no more bottles means no more baby. He's a big boy. When Maggie got sick recently, she asked for a bottle. (her cousin, Coleman, left his here). So...we gave her one. Maybe it soothed her a little in her time of need. We also took down her crib 2 weeks ago. She sleeps with Brynna in the big-girl-bed. She loves sleeping with 'Linna'. However, it's a milestone that creeps up on you and is really sad when it happens. Cooper still has the baby-fat fingers...cry when those go away...and love that there are no more bottles to wash.
i feel your sorrow. my little baby starts kindergarten this year. she now talks back, dresses herself, showers herself, fixes her own cereal, rides a bike without help, and can almost read without help. motherhood is such a bitter-sweet experience. you are thrilled for your childrens' advancements, yet want to cry (for yourself) as they pass through each one. cooper is a beautiful little boy. he is so lucky to have a mom that is sad he is growing up.
Look at that sweet face! Giving up the bottles....oh, the first of a lot of BIG BOY steps! (I feel your sadness.)
Oh I wish I was that strong. Brody is 18 months and I still give in at his naptime and before bed. He has to finish before bed but it's still the routine. I never had a bottle be gone problem with the older 2 but this little guy is stubburn. He refuses milk out of a sippy. All other liquid is just fine. So I know he should be ALL done but I've created a 2-a-day beast. Cold turkey? Cooper is a doll baby :)
I can't wait! Formula is liquid gold. So expensive. And bottles leak. I will be thrilled when we get cows milk in a sippy.
But sad when he's a boy...
no more bottles???? I cant believe he is at the "big boy" stage. He's so content on being a baby. How very sad....:(
I kind of just forgot about it with Scarlett until a few weeks ago (19 months). Then I tried taking them away and she was sick for a few days and I caved. Then last week I got a e-mail about the PBA offenders and my bottle was on it so I threw them all away. It has now been a week and she is still pissed off...officially she has had two cups of milk in a sippy but is very upset about it. I am trying to give her yogurt to supliment the milk deficit.
You are so lucky cooper is easy going and moved so easily to a sippy, I am jealous!
Such a big boy! Wow! That is kinda sad but that just shows how easy going he is maybe. =) He really seems to just go with the flow. What a sweetie. =)
I love that big boy of yours. We are so blessed to have him and HE is SO FORTUNATE to have YOU and DEREK as parents. What a wonderful home to grow up in.
I feel the same as Grammy Staffy. Each new stage is sad to part with and yet new stages brings their own joys. For instance: YOU leaving ME!!! How dare you grow up and go to school and then GET MARRIED. For Pete's Sake come back home...I will let you have a bottle!
Yes it's true they grow up fast. It is fun seeing how you are enjoying every minute of it.
Post a Comment