Derek has a broken knee...a fractured patella... a bum leg. He has been home for the last 2 week trying to heal.He's not feeling great, but the boys love having him home all day.
I have been trying to keep the kids busy so he has quite time to rest.
I am tired.
But Derek is going CRazY....
13 comments:
Derek is NOT the sit around and do nothing kind of guy. I'm sure he is going crazy. How long is he out of commission--Hopefully not too, too long. Byron has the kind of job that sometimes he works and sometimes he doesn't. Sometimes I would love for him to go to work. I don't get anything done when he's home. Hopefully you're better at that than I am. Good luck! Looking forward to seeing you guys soon.
Tammy-I don't usually get anything done on Derek's days off either. But I knew that if he was laying around AND the house was messy I would be Super Grump. So I have been keeping up with the house work. Finally he see's what I REALLY do all day. (smile)
OUCH!!!!!
I feel Derek's pain! I dislocated my patella 2 years ago and was in an immobilizing brace (that went from my hip to my ankle with a steel rod down the back of it) for 5 weeks!!! I went CRAZY too. Sorry Derek. Just wait... when you finally get your brace off, your left thigh with be half the size of your right. Looks really cute in tight jeans!!
HOW?? That is just awful! Good luck to you all surviving it! Gonna need lots of XXX & OOOS for sure!
Rebecca- He was chasing a bad guy and tripped on some railroad tracks. All in a days work I guess.
Oh, ouch!
(((((HUGS)))))
to both of you. One for you for your tiredness AND managing to maintain normalcy...
and one for Derek for protecting us all from 'bad guys.'
Saw you on another blog - thought I'd check yours out.
A broken knee...that's awful. It's hard to be laid up.
Those dang bad guys. They try to run and hide but the law still comes...(you're supposed to be hearing that high noon sound in your head now)
Do you want Dave to bring over some of his guns to keep you company? He has some new one with a new grip with a new scope with a new machined barrell blah blah blah. He also has some for competition that look like they would do some serious damage. The barrell on one is huge! He could talk to you about the training and how lame his FTO is. Then you could memorize the penal codes with him. Just call me and we can set up a play date with Davey and Derek.
Sooo sorry. How did that happen? I hope he will heal quickly.
Oh sorry Derek:( I blew out my knee too no fun. And POOR Shannon now you have three kids at home to entertain. Good luck!
Hi. Thanks for your post. I had knee surgery just 2 weeks ago (meniscus repair) and was at home for 2 weeks. I also thought I was going to go crazy! I hope that he recovers quickly. It's definitely not fun not being able to get around like you're used to. Good Luck!
ps..your boys are so adorable. I love your blog.
Hang in there Derek! You too Shannon!
Post a Comment