Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday Activites








Corbin loves to anything if you tell him it is an "Activity". To him that means we are going to do something fun and special that may just include using scissors.


Today our Activity was making whirlybirds.You know, you drop them and they spin all the way down...way better than a paper airplanes, because these actually work.


We gathered up the supplies while Cooper was napping and sat in the shade in the front yard. We measured and cut and folded and clipped and voile,we had a whirlybird.


We started dropping them just standing on the curb for a little extra height, then the back of the truck and on to the stairs in the back yard.


It was a fun activity we followed up with a trip to the Burger King playland with a friend from his Sunbeam class.

Now we are off to Disneyland with Daddy....which just might trump our whirlybirds, even though scissors aren't involved.

10 comments:

Mike and Shelby said...

HOW CUTE! That is funny that he thinks anything described as an activity is going to be fun!

You are such a great mommy. Those boys are seriously so lucky to have you!!!

Heidi said...

How fun are you?!?!?! I love it that he likes "activities" so cute!

Kris said...

What a wonderful way to spend a Friday. You are a wonderful mother. Corbin gets so excited about things that it is fun to engage him. Dad and I had a ball playing with the boys Thursday night.
LOVE!

Heather said...

I like that activity I need to do that with Drake.

Erin said...

i love that he loves "activities". What a honey!!

Grammy Staffy said...

What fun...what a good mom you are...your boys are so lucky.

Giulia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Giulia said...

Shannon!!! I am so happy you somehow found the blog...you are welcome to go anytime! :) Thanks for leaving a comment, this way I was able to see your boys...I never saw Cooper until a few moments ago and oh my goodness!!! Corbin has grown up SO MUCH! I can understand how you felt looking at the pictures of Hannah and Elena...I feel the same way looking at your handsome boys! I love you blog...you guys know how to have fun! Oh I miss you guys...where are you living?
It makes me happy to see how the Lord blesses families and Moms like us as we strive to do our best to magnify our eternal calling. Anyway...you might have notices I have a baby boy now...and he is crying in this very moment ..I'd better go! I will "talk to you" soon!

Stacey said...

You are such a fun mom! I can remember making whirly birds and LOVING them! Corbin must've had a blast! Between that, burger king and disneyland.... Wow! He must be one happy kid!

The fly-fisherman said...

I remember making those with my boys and dropping them off of the stairwell in our home in Vegas. They were so much fun. I might have to try that activity again, it has been a while. Although Disneyland sounds more fun to me :) What a fun day for Corbin. He is a lucky boy.