Derek is back to work, I don't think I've mentioned that. His knee is healed and he's back to patrol.
I'm sad to have him gone. The boys are too.
Corbin has a hard time with change. At the beginning of Derek's time home with the broken knee, Corbin would tell him that it was time for work. And wanted him to go like he usually did at night.
Now it's another story....
You see Derek would lay with Corbin until he fell asleep at night. It was a great break for me not putting Corbin to bed every night by myself. But let me tell you, I am paying for that one.
Last night was the first night with out Derek in a long time.
Things moved along smoothly, we did the whole routine that Derek started, play with race cars, play memory game, lay in bed and read books with a flashlight. Corbin was all calm and relaxed....
Until I got up.
First he started crying for "Mama", not "Mom" or "Mommy", "Mama" the way Cooper cries for me when he's hurt or sad. The way a sweet, helpless, little baby would call out. "Mama lay down with me, I love you, Mama, Mama". This kid has game.
When that didn't work he decide to try and get my sympathy by crying for "Daddy". The daddy who left him all alone with mean mommy, (the daddy who started this whole thing). That didn't work either.
I just kept putting him back in bed.
What started at 8:30 wasn't finished until after 11:00.
This morning when I woke him up for school, the first words he mumbled were "I'm sorry Mommy".
Melt my heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
So Sorry for you. It is so hard for kids when they get used to something and then is has to change. Good Luck tonight.
Oh, my heart is melted too!
WOW!! for him to say "im sorry mommy"... thats awesome. At least he understands!
So sorry for you to have to go through that. Something similar happened last night. I was at enrichment night, and I came home @ 8:45, and Matt was putting J in bed, and was screaming. So I had to go in and cradle him to sleep. this boy is nearly 18 months. I know I need to stop!
BTW... I love your little bouquet slide show on the side!
At least I'm not the only one. You think by number three I would have learned how to put my kids to bed. Riley does a lot better now but when Charlie was not here for a month I just started bad habbits. Then you pay for them later. Glad Derek survived his knee surgery.
That is a very sad story. Poor little guy...poor mommy. Daddy owes you one!
oh man, well I hope tonight is better. good luck!
melted my heart too!
Change is not easy for anyone! Hope it gets better (after a few more nights of this, I bet!)
Your Corbin loves you though. I can tell.
Oh how I used to hate those nights. We have only just gotten over Parker not getting up all night.
Hang in there it does happen eventually.
Dad's are so fun and leave moms with all the aftermath. I try to explain that to Danny when he teaches Tyson how to feed the dog with his food, or throw things in the trash, there are repricussions MOM has to pay for and DAD gets off as fun. But, you gotta give it to them, dads are fun.
Unfortunately, the best way to remedy it is to play mom and not be fun! It usually only takes 2 or 3 nights.
Good luck!
Oh my, what a sweetie!
How fun to get your message. I will call you later tonight. Up and down and up again... it's a crazy ride!
Yea tonight only took about 20 min. for Corbin to fall asleep after I left him! And there was very little crying. I just may survive after all.
Isn't that how it goes? Daddy plays and doesn't make you do homework, clean your room, or all those bad, mean things that Mommy makes you do. If they only knew what we do when they leave....
Poor Corbin. It's hard to change, especially when Daddy plays and reads with a flashlight before bed. He's a pretty lucky boy..my kids get a song, prayer and a "lay down and don't get up".
Poor mama... what a hard night for both of you... Hope it is better now....glad that Derek's knee is better.
I surely wish we were with your mom and dad....I know they are having a wonderful time.
That is a good boy. That he even remembered and wanted to apologize. What a sweetheart.
Nighttimes can be tricky. And I laughed at your "mama" comment. Whenever Anna is faking sad or scared she wails, "Mommmma!! I want my momma!" I hate it.
So sorry that you had such a rough night. Yes, melt me too. What a sweetie!
So glad Derek is better now. It sounds like everyone really enjoyed having him home while he recovered. Too bad it takes an injury to allow more family time like that. But being employed is also a good thing. =) I bet Renzo is happy at least.
oh what a night. I hope life is getting easier and soon enough he'll be pushing derek out the door again. In the mean time what a honey for apologizing to you first thing.
Post a Comment