Thursday, October 2, 2008

Ahhhhh

We have cool air again! The air conditioner guy left a couple hours ago and the house has just reached a comfortable 75° (inside the house was getting into the 90's every day,urg). I think I will go turn on the oven and dry a load of laundry, luxuries I couldn't afford just hours ago. I may even blow dry my hair tomorrow!

Of course the heat wave is supposed to break tomorrow; we may even get rain on Saturday. Just our luck. But with a whole new system we should be cool for many summers to come.

5 comments:

Mike and Shelby said...

horray! maybe you can celebrate with some nice hot chocolate too!

sarahhicken said...

glad you are feeling so cool

Grammy Staffy said...

Isn't that just the way it goes... It was 105 on Wed. when I was canning apples and baking pie... I was melting...even the AC couldn't cool down our house with all that going on.

Glad your AC is fixed...even if you don't need it for a while.

I miss your folks but I bet they are having a wonderful time.

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling jealous as I sit here in my long sleeve shirt, sweater, jeans, thick socks, and blanket. It is cold here and I would give anything to have to turn on the air-conditioner. ANYTHING.

Erin said...

I'm same as Julie... It's freezing here!

Shannon, I just wanted to thank you for your sweet comments. I know you know exactly what we are going through. Your story gives me hope that adoption really can work. Someday we will have "our story" to tell.