Friday, October 17, 2008

Candy Corn

Last week up at Oak Glen we found some candy corn that Corbin can have. All the store bought bags either have eggs in them or have been processed on machinery with milk, both no-no's for Corbin.

But that got me to thinking that if the fine people at Riley's Farm could find someone to make their's I bet I could find a recipe online.

I did, and tried it out this week. The hardest part was rolling and cutting the "dough". This blog had great pictures to go along with each step, and this site has a recipe using marshmallows, I'm gonna try that next.

This little treat was a hit with the kids. They don't taste quite the same as store bought but, Corbin couldn't believe his eyes when he woke from his nap to find a bowl full of his favorite treat.

12 comments:

Kris said...

Besides the Amazingness that you would even THINK to make candy corn
and then FIND a recipe and MAKE it and that it turned out BEAUTIFULLY I would like to bear witness that they are DELICIOUS!

Heather said...

You are a awesome MOM!!!!!!!

Stacey said...

I love candy corn! I bet they were yummy home made! I'm impressed!

Heidi said...

you are amazing! I would never have thought to make my own. the little boy that I work with... His mom would have done the same thing! You just want your boy to experience everything like all the other kids do!

You are AMAZING!

Jan's Blog said...

I can't wait to try this. What a lucky little boy Corbin is. You are such a darling mommy. Love you!!!

Baak Talk said...

You deserve the AWESOME MOM AWARD!!They look just like regular candy corn!

sarahhicken said...

That is pretty amazing!! I would have never thought about it.

Alison said...

Oh my gosh, those look so yummy! I just downed a half a bag of store bought myself the otherday. Yay for homemade milk and dairy free candy corns! Worth the effort for sure!

Grammy Staffy said...

You are amazing!!! How ever thought to make candy corn???

Very impressive... good for you

Kris said...

Hey honey! I just saw that you have added a prop 8 sign too! I did not copy you but we did the same thing EXCEPT you did more!

Shannon said...

So I was looking at real candy corns and I did the colors in the wrong order, they should be white on top, orange, and then yellow on the bottom. That way the yellow looks like a corn kernal. Next time maybe I'll get it right.

Mike and Shelby said...

What a precious moment. All that hard work would be worth seeing Corbin's excitment. It's those moments that make being a mommy so priceless. You are amazing, Shannon!