Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Cuddles

I'm weak.

I try to be really consistent with Corbin's bedtime routine. Part of that is laying with him for two songs even when he asks for five,(he likes to have music on while he sleeps, right now it's the soundtrack to Somewhere in Time, nice classical sounding stuff...I'm holding my breath to hear what it turns into when he's a teenager eek).

Any way...I walk out his door even when he wants me to stay longer, I have already fought, and won, the habit of him needing us next to him to fall asleep I can't afford to give in. Now 2 songs is all he gets. Well, sometimes 3 if I lose track.

Tonight I was doing the dishes after laying with him, as I usually do, when he came out of his room. This too is part of the routine at least once a night. This time instead of being ready to fight sleep, he looked up at me with his big brown eyes and said "Mama, I need more cuddles".

And with those 5 little words I was his for two more songs.

10 comments:

Heidi said...

he stole my heart, and hes not even mine! How adorable!

Erin said...

that isnt weak, youre a mom!!! How can you help it?

Erin said...

That is just too sweet! What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

smart boy. And even smarter mom for giving him those cuddles. :)

Grammy Staffy said...

So sweet!!!

I've left a Christmas message for you on my blog. I hope that you can drop by and read it.

Merry Christmas... Love, Lura

Mike and Shelby said...

ohhh, I see no weakness in taking a few more cuddles.

just melts your heart!

Stacey said...

Awwww....I'd let the whole CD play for that one!
He is a sweetheart!

Kris said...

Heart melter. I love that boy. And I am glad you couldn't resist him.

kristen said...

Ohh where have I been. SO much to catch up on. Another adoption, I'm so happy for you and hope it all goes through asap. How wonderful. Yes best you keep that bedtime routine going if your going to have another in the family. Will be so much easier on yourself.
Loving the photos in Little brother. So adorable and they actually look very similar in the first pic.

Laura said...

That is the cutest story. I seem to already have that problem with Madi and she is only 10 months. I keep thinking she will just grow out of needing me to fall asleep. I just don't have the heart to not cuddle her. Good job mom! Their only little for a short while:)