-re-crock-pot-
Ta da.....there it is. Sounds simple right..... You are all probably already doing this. But this was magic for me.
I had been planning on a roast for Sunday dinner and using the left overs a couple days later as taquitos.
So what do you do?.....recrockpot.
I tossed my leftovers into the crock pot a few hours before dinner with some broth and viola...juicy, tender, re seasoned shredded beef.
I tried it again this week. I turned left over baked chicken into -recrokpotted- shredded chicken tacos. (I'm sure there are applications that go beyond Mexican left overs, but my brain hasn't gotten there yet (smile).
No more dry boring left over meat over here baby. We recockpot!
9 comments:
Totally new to me, and totally brilliant. Can't wait to try it out!
I haven't done that, sounds great-and such a time saver! I love crockpots!
Wow... that is great! With just the two of us, making a roast is a commitment to eating it for a week- what a great way to keep it from drying out!
great idea! I'm putting that on the list this week (plus I love mexican)
I'll come over any day for some of your left overs! Yummy!
We just got our first crock pot this Christmas! So...I didn't know you could re-crockpot! I'm doing it! Love it!
Great idea! I plan on doing some serious crock pot cooking this week and freezing half of everything I make! If you have any great recipes let me know. I am starting out with some carnitas and then some soups, but I need some more ideas!
Thanks for the tip. I will try it.
Have a great day,
Love, Lura
I had no idea I was such a genius!
Post a Comment