For Cooper's little family birthday party we did it up with a bubble theme. We had clear balloons, bubble wrap, bubble gum, bubble wands....
Bubble blowers going in the front yard and the back yard
We had a yummy dinner with all of Cooper's favorites. Grilled lime chicken skewers, cilantro lime rice and salad (okay he's not a salad fan but it was yummy too).

He had fun opening the presents that Corbin didn't get to first
We topped things off with a bubble ice cream cake, hold the cake. I made layers of homemade strawberry and lemon sorbet with coconut cream filling.
He sang along with everyone and blew out the candle all by himself
He had a fun night.
As he drifted off to sleep I would hear him singing "appy e-ay ooo ooo, appy e-ay ooo ooo, ooo ooper appy e-ay ooo ooo"One more successful birthday down.
19 comments:
Shannon, you are so talented and creative...it just blows me away. I want to copy everything you do, but I can't even do that. This looked like a darling little party, and boy oh boy does Cooper look like one happy little boy. Love to you all, Jan
you are one talented momma! That cake sounds so yummy! and what a fun theme! what did you use to put those bubbles on the cake?
Really cute! Happy Birthday Cooper! I want to hear about the bubbles on the cake too!
This party was very creative. When you told me that bubbles were the theme no ideas whatsoever came to my mind. How do you do this? Having bubbles outside were delightful. I've been wondering if there is a way to have bubbles follow me everywhere I go. That would be so lovely.
The decorations were clever but that cake was a masterpiece AND so delicious....why didn't you send us home with some, Hmmmm kept it all to yourself. I loved it.
Best of all is that darling little boy. He is adorable and seemed comfortable with sharing his glory with his older brother. What a sweetie. I love your boys so much.
Humming to himself the birthday song is precious. Remember how Corbin made us sing the song over and over to him on his 2nd birthday. I think we did it every time we had a cake the rest of the year!
cute cute cute. He was a darling birthday boy! His smiles for the camera are just fantastic!!! Glad I could be there to see all the decore in the flesh.
shannon! i hope someone knocked on your door right away and handed you the best mom award! I literally sat with my mouth open at the cake you made. I'm pretty sure if you looked up domestic goddess in the dictionary, your picture would be right next to it!
wow very cute im glad it turned out great!
How creative!! Tyson loves bubbles too. What did you use for the bubbles on top? I would love to have your cake recipe.
What a fab mom you are!!
Happy birthday Cooper. What a wonderful party your sweet mommy had for you.
You are a lucky boy and they are thrilled to have you.
Adopted boys are special...I know from experience!
Have a great week. Love, Lura
So cute! You should be a party planner!
Love it!!! So cute especially the part about him singing to himself. No doubt he had a GREAT day!
Liz was telling be about your bubble theme. It turn out so cute! The cake/sorbet is awesome! Looks like Cooper had a great time! Happy Birthday Cooper!
For those that asked:
The bubbles on the cake are glass balls I just happened to find in my cupboard. I had lots of idea (maybe not great ones) to make it look like bubbles: like simmering some white gumballs, marshmallows, clear marbles, stickers... but then I found these. I shimmered some of them blue, my accent color, but I don't think I would do that again. I like just the glass. They would have been even prettier but the cake was in the freezer and they got a little frosty. So there ya go, the secret to the bubble cake is out.
Cute birthday Idea! bubbles. Hey, we just found your blog off Erins! ours is on private mode... so send me your e-mail address to jeana.waldron@gmail.com and I'll send you and invite
Love,
Kurt & Jeana
What a cute birthday boy! Darling little party too...wish we could have been there! xo
Happy birthday, Cooper!! He had the best 2yr old birthday party ever! Your bubble theme is so creative and basically genius! And words can not describe how much I LOVE your cake!!!
You are amazing!
I LOVE the bubble theme! How fun!!! Happy Birthday Cooper! We love you!!!
Two is such a fun age! What a darling party! You are so crafty! I love it! Happy Birthday little guy!
I love themed birthdays! What a great idea....bubbles are so fun at that age! I love the cake...if I were closer I'd hire you to make our birthday cakes. It's a self-proclaimed weakness and one that took a while to come to accept. ;) So cute that he fell asleep singing to himself.
appy 2nd e-ay ooper!
Post a Comment