Thursday, August 13, 2009

2 Down

Corbin is off to his second day of Kindergarten. This morning taking him to his classroom I had to run to keep up with him....so I would say that so far he Loves Kinder!
Here is the traditional 1st day of school photos at the front doors, ours and his new classroom.



Finding a book


Reading the book on the carpet
(thinking I can do this, I can do this, I'm okay, I can do this)

Corbin said on the first day of school he:
read stories
colored- "teacher says don't scribble"
did ABC's
practiced writing circles and lines
had a snack
played on the monkey bars
didn't move his apple, it stayed up. (that means he was a good boy)
Most importantly he
HE RODE THE LONG BUS HOME
Three other little kids got off with him all from his same class. I didn't even know there were kids his age in our neighborhood. They all really wanted to play at each other's houses yesterday, I love that he is making new friends.

Cooper missed Corbin. All morning he kept asking for him and wondering around calling out his name. I also found him laying on the floor looking at Corbin's bus chart from preschool, just laying there saying "Corbin I miss you". So sweet.
And I have to say I did great. I took my friend Kori's attitude that Kindergarten is a fun new adventure and thought about all the excitement he was going to have instead of thinking about how I'll miss him and worrying about how he will get along with out me. And it work. I left without crying (not that crying is a bad thing, I did plenty with preschool) I did have Cooper there with me when I dropped him off yesterday so if I started to feel sad I just gave Coop a kiss. So that helped too.
We love Kindergarten.

14 comments:

Kris said...

You are brave. More brave than me. But, every mother hopes her child will be braver, smarter and gooder. You are a mothers dream.

Glad his first day was great.

Jaime said...

Your pictures are great. What a cutie!!

The comstocks said...

AWWW, I'm proud of you for not crying, poor little cooper he is so sweet!

Heather said...

So cute! I still can't believe he is in school!

sarahhicken said...

I am so happy that he loves school! You are an awesome mom ofr not crying.

Heidi said...

oh so cute! How fun for you AND him. I am actually anxious to send my Jackson to school!

Erin said...

great first day of school pictures. I love it. I love that he is so excited about the big bus. I love that he loves school and is making friends. Good work.

Jan's Blog said...

I have a feeling this is harder on Cooper than anyone. Stay brave!

Mike and Shelby said...

I love those pictures! So sweet. And I was just about in tears for you, especially over Cooper...till you said you were trying NOT to do the whole crying thing. So, I'll be strong with you! :)

I will miss the bus big time though!

Alison said...

Wow! I'm so glad that he is loving it so much already. Kermit always tells me that Kindergarten was his best year. =) I hope that Corbin has a wonderful year! LOVE the pictures. Too sweet. I'll have to remember your advice when I am taking my 3 to school next month...a new adventure for all of us! =) xo

Grammy Staffy said...

Cute pictures and you and Corbin are both very brave. Kinder is a big step. I am proud of both of you for taking it so well.

The Texas Links said...

Sweet little Cooper. Brave Corbin. Braver mommy. So glad he had an awesome day....and he wants to go back again--Bonus!!! Love those little boys.

Stacey said...

Cooper is one adorable little brother!
You all did GREAT!! If you can get through the first 2 days like pros...I'm sure the rest will be a breeze! :)

Great pics.

Unknown said...

Cooper is so adorable...That just melts my heart to hear he misses his big brother.