Thursday, August 20, 2009

Eggs Glorious Eggs


*So I decided to rewrite this post, it didn't like how long it was. Here is the abridged version.

After 2 years of having an egg free kitchen, Corbin has officially out grown his egg allergy!

Last night I made scrambled eggs for dinner, both Corbin and Cooper had no idea what they were looking at (poor deprived kids (smile)). Recognizing the confusion on Corbin's face I asked him what he thought it was.

Hmmm "butter popcorn with marshmallows inside" was his answer.

I can see his point. Yellow, fluffy...later he decided they were just "Marshmallow Power". I kinda like that. Long live "Marshmallow Power". Yippee we can have eggs again!

11 comments:

Kate said...

that is hilarious...not the allergic reaction to eggs part, but the buttered popcorn with marshmallows inside...such a cute kid answer classic

Jan's Blog said...

This is just terrific. Oh Shannon I know many prayers went up on this issue for Corbin and how wonderful to see them answered. I'm also thrilled that this will make your life easier and more pleasant. I can't wait to see all of you...less than a month now!

The comstocks said...

Oh Corbin, he is so funny! Yay for eggs!

Stacey said...

I literally laughed out loud at Corbin's answer! :) He is hilarious!! I'm glad he can eat the real deal now!!

Mike and Shelby said...

Marshmallow power! Ha! I love it! :) That is so how we felt when we could do wheat again. We still limit it because I notice a difference in her but it is SO good to know they are able to outgrow some of these allergies!

Suzanne said...

Oh happy, happy, joy, joy! That's what "Ren and Stimpy" would say. I am thrilled for your cute family to have eggs again. I love Corbin and all his cuteness!

Teresa said...

YAHOO! So happy for you all!

Jenny said...

That is awesome! Porter has an egg allergy too, I'm hoping he grows out of it like Corbin...gives me hope.

Heather said...

Life is gooood!

Erin said...

yahoooooo. that is awesome. How fun. life will be easier when finding food.

Unknown said...

SHANNON!!! How exciting! Kind of sad Corbin can't remember how badly he loved these.