Friday, September 18, 2009

They're in

The tubes are in. Corbin did great. We'll know if the Doctor did great next week (smile).

I was worried about keeping food away from him this morning, but our check in time was 7:30 am. soo happy it was early. We slept in (in Corbin time) and got ready to go in about 15 min. so no food was easy.

We had plenty of new books and stickers to play with while we waited, and thanks to Kara, one book we bought really prepared him. The nurse thought it was so great, she took it from me to show the Doctors in surgery. They are planning to order a bunch.

Waking up from the anesthesia was hard, but he didn't get sick so hurray for small blessings. He is feeling well and after only one dose of Motrin hasn't complained of any pain.

Now we just wait for our coming visits to see if his hearing comes back. I think it will. Our new challenge...to keep 'em dry. That's gonna be tricky.

7 comments:

Jeff's BLOG said...

great blog. I enjoy reading your blog and, especially today, knowing that Corbin got the tubes. I love you guys!
gampaLink

Kate said...

sa-weet!!! What is this magical book?

Jan's Blog said...

Oh I bet you are so glad that it is over. My father did hundreds of these in his medical practice and the moms always worry how to keep those ears dry. A cotton ball with vasolene over it seemed to work best. The next obstacle will be removing them... it's not pleasant, but typically enough sedation is given that he'll never remember the pain, which only lasts a few seconds. My prayers go out to all of you, as usual!

The Texas Links said...

Hang in there Corbin. Stay dry.

And Shannon - It is tough to see your little ones get an IV and have to "take a nap" - our hearts go out to you on that for sure....
Love u guys.

-Byron

The Snow Queen said...

Melinda Sundberg on my blog has a daughter with ear tubes and she wears a fancy little headband thingy. Her name is Jordan and she's the redheaded girl. If you go to their link on my list you can check it out. I'll ask her where she got it if you want.

Baak Talk said...

Yeah!!! I think he will be a much happier little guy and so will you. It's nice to be over the stressful anticipation of the whole thing though!

Mike and Shelby said...

I have to say, you have an artistic eye. I always love the pictures you add to your posts. And, yes, horray for small blessings...sounds like you had several throughout the whole experience. :)