
This is the first of our fall crafts. I think I found it on Flip Flops Applesauce. They are little juggling balls {or whatever you want to call a ball that doesn't bounce}.
Directions:
1. Blow up one balloon to stretch it. Deflate.
2. Using a funnel (we just made one out of card stock) pour rice into this balloon , we used rice but you could also use barley, cornstarch, or sand
3. Cut off the lip of this balloon and fold the leftover neck over.
4. With the second balloon, cut off the neck and stretch it over the first balloon to secure it.
5. Repeat step four with the third balloon stating the opposite direction to give the balloon ball extra strength.
Directions:
1. Blow up one balloon to stretch it. Deflate.
2. Using a funnel (we just made one out of card stock) pour rice into this balloon , we used rice but you could also use barley, cornstarch, or sand
3. Cut off the lip of this balloon and fold the leftover neck over.
4. With the second balloon, cut off the neck and stretch it over the first balloon to secure it.
5. Repeat step four with the third balloon stating the opposite direction to give the balloon ball extra strength.
We added an extra layer to make them look like eyeballs....get it....eyeballs he he he
10 comments:
Wow- Those are WAY cool. I think we will have to try this. What did you use to decorate them? What size balloons did you use? (Are these questions obvious?...I really am not that crafty!!!)
My boys will love these.
Kori-They are just reglar round ballons maybe they blow up to 10". And we used a red sharpee to draw the lines. It did smear a little at first, but then seemed to dry.
So fun! What a fun Mom you are!
Can you believe you have received 14 comments on your toothbrush post? That sure brought the comments on!
Hi Darling Girl: I guess you're not a girl so much as a lady (I hate the word woman). Anyway...this is so fun that I'm sure we can do it with Darien.
Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. I smile every time I see that it's from you. I used to be afraid of you, and now I completely envy you!!!
No problem. my little girl had tubes put in last summer. She wears ear plugs and then to keep her ear plugs in she wears a band-it. It works great at keeping water out of their ears. I got my band it from my ENT doctor at Kaiser they sell them there. I couldn't find them any where else. May be look online. I t works great othewise the ear plugs fall out. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Wow those look really cool, and Corbin looks so happy. Your so creative Shannon!
I agree with Kris...you are such a fun mom. Cute idea.
We just got back from attending Calan's court date. We are so thrilled to have him legally ours. I know that you can relate.I have pictures of our special day on my blog if you are interested. Erin and Patrick were beaming all day.
Hugs, Lura
You can come do crafts at my house anytime!
Perfect for Halloween! They are cute!
You are such a fun mom for sure!! I had gotten out of the habit of doing crafts with my kids. However, my friend just this morning showed me something fun she did with her kids and suggested I might enjoy it with mine. Now I see your blog. Something is telling me my kids have become craft deprived. Thanks for helping alleviate the situation! Super fun FHE project coming up!
Post a Comment