{This isn't the kind of thing I would usually blog about but I can't find my journal tonight and I don't want to just jot this down in a notebook and forget that it's there. So at least I know that if I type it here it won't get lost}
Tonight Corbin and I had a moment. We were laying in his bed. We had said prayers and finished reading books and he rolled over to his side with his his back to me, which is my cue to kiss him goodnight and turn out the light.
Instead I started to whisper the ways that he is special to me. The same things I tell him all the time, that he is so smart and funny and sweet. And a wave of extra love washed over me. I told him that I know some things are hard for him but I think that he handles them amazingly. I told him that I felt lucky to be his mom and that I know Heavenly Father sent him to me on purpose and how safe I feel knowing that he is mine forever. He rolled over with tears in his eyes and buried his head in my chest and put his arm over me tight and simply but so sincerely he said " I love you mommy". We cuddled a while, until the emotion softened and I kissed him and turned out the light.
What a sweet moment that I will hold close to my heart always.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
19 comments:
Oh my... I can't see what I'm typing because of the tears in my eyes. That is the sweetest moment ever.
I'm glad you couldn't find your journal and instead shared it with us. :) So precious!
Oh my goodness, I've never heard of a child getting emotional over something like that. What a special moment. Thanks for reminding me to write in my journal.
That is the sweetest story ever. What a special moment. Thanks for sharing it with us.
What a special little son....what a special mom.
Shannon, you are such an amazing person. I had to take a deep breath and clear my eyes after reading that so that I could type my comment. I have said it before but it's worth repeating...those boys are so incredibly lucky to be blessed by your mothering. (I am glad you couldn't find your journal so we could share a little in that sweet moment too.)
Tears in my eyes...so sweet!
Oh my gosh that is so sweet Shannon, I too had a tear in my eye while reading this. So whenever you are dealing with the hard times think of this and I'm sure you will feel better!
precious ...
So sweet! You are an amazing mom to have the thoughts to do that with him!
Ok, we are all crying...
Honey,
After reading all the beautiful comments it is hard to know what else to say. I am so glad you have wonderful friends.
Dad and I know that you are that loving mom. We see the love that just gushes out of your eyes for Corbin and for Cooper. Your adoration for them is visible.
For Corbin to respond so tenderly is a window into his soul, isn't it? It reminds your dad and I of the time he stood with tears in his eyes listening to a particular song on my blog. He has a very sensitive spirit; a great spirit in a little body.
We adore him too.
Yesterday he gave me 2 hugs in a row that were so tight and long. Ahh, I love him.
Wow that is so awesome. Thanks for sharing that with all of us. It makes me stop and think of how much our kids need us to tell them how we really feel.
WHoopS! I wrote to you under Jan's sign in...did you figure it out? hahaha
Who says boys are sensitive never had a son! What a sweet moment. Those are truly moments in life to treasure and validate the fact that being "just mom" is worth all the sacrifices in the world!
Thanks for sharing!
its amazing what a little boy hears and what his spirit felt. You are an amazing mother. And I am so happy corbin is my nephew.
I remember the day we found out he was coming to your family...and have never doubted that is where he belongs. I get goosebumps everytime I think back about how he came to be yours. xo He is a special kid and you guys are great parents.
So, I've read this twice now. Yesterday, it made me cry so much that everything in sight became a blur and I decided to come back and comment when I've calmed down...
But, I read it again just now, and here I am again, a crying mess!
It is so sweet.
I am so glad that you couldn't find your journal and that you jotted it down here!
When things get tough, he'll always know that you love him.
Way to make your Aunt Suzanne cry. I love you guys! And Shannon, thank you for sharing this special moment with us...I'm glad you couldn't find your personal journal.
Ok, I just read everyone else's comments and I wasn't orginal in saying that about your journal. I loved how you made us all feel.
Post a Comment