Tuesday, March 11, 2008

GoOd VibrAtioNs?

I don't know why but Derek and I never get good service. When we go out to eat our drinks rarely get filled up again and we often need to have someone else track down our server so we can get our bill. Even in nice places.

Once we ordered ice cream sundaes (the server makes those herself you know) and instead of making our order she decided to take her lunch break. We waited 30 min. before we noticed her sitting at a booth eating... so we just left.

Twice at the doctors office, with the kids, I waited almost an hour before the nurse said "Sorry, I forgot you were here". What! Are you Kidding me! What is it with us. Are we putting out some kind of vibe. We are both nice and polite. It's not like we are rude & make people not want to help us and we don't leave the house expecting to be treated badly. So what are we doing wrong?

Here is the latest in our list of bad experiences. Today installers came to redo doors that they did a month ago, because they cut them too short. So we arranged to be home all morning. They got here and started to take the old doors out so they could cut the new ones....and they realize that they don't have the right tools in the truck. Now, this is what they do all day, every day, install doors, and they don't have the right tools? How does that happen? So we had to reschedule for a week from now and in the mean time we have to store 6 doors. Are we really the only ones that this stuff happens too? Sorry, just venting.....I feel better now.

11 comments:

sarahhicken said...

We have had bad service but it seems nothing like what you have had. Hopefully it changes for the better.

Heather said...

I hear you sister! I spent the whole day waiting for UPS to pick up some packages that I could not leave outside. They gave me a time frame of 8am to 7 pm. WHAT?????? No joke he came at 6pm. Then the plumber came a week ago to look at a leaky shower, time frame of 9am to 10 am and he came at 1pm. Hey can I catch a break?

Heidi said...

Maybe its because you guys are too nice. they think that they can put you on the back burner while they take care of all the crazy customers. I really cannot believe that a waitress did that to you. I would have said something and gotten our food comp.

Like I said you are too nice!

Erin said...

I agree...you are too nice! I'm the type that would go up to that waitress eating her lunch and say "I hate to bother you, but are they still working on my ice cream?" Bad service drives me nuts!

Mike and Shelby said...

Wow, you must be some kind of "bad service magnet!" Poor you!

My sister was at a baby shower in a restaurant where the waitress went home sick and never told anyone. They say there for almost an hour waiting for their food. (Luckily, they were having such a good time, they didn't realize it...) But they got their meals for free when it was all straightened out.

I was forgotten at a doctors office once too...and they loaded me up with formula (about 2 months worth...cha-ching!) for the inconvenience.

Hopefully, you can find SOME kind of compensation for the TERRIBLE service!

(And don't use that door company again!) :)

Stacey said...

I know how you feel! We have the worst luck at movie theatres! No matter how empty the theatre is, there will always be someone who comes and sits right next to us! It drives us crazy! Sometimes there is nothing you can do but vent! Arrrgrh!:) Good luck with all the doors, I can't believe that happened!

The Texas Links said...

Vent--it's good for you! Frustrating. Sometimes you wonder what people are smoking or are they just that inconsiderate. My favorite is when you get to any kind of establishment and there's a wait--and you see group after group, who got there after you, get called before you do. Do we give out the vibe that it's O.K. to take advantage of us. Maybe it's because we do look like we're nice people. So, the answer to your problem is--don't be so nice looking. Maybe give somebody a dirty look every now and then. Ya think that will work??? If it does, let me know. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to my life.

I swear whenever we go out to eat the waiter forgets us. Every time. And when my kids go crazy and I'm hungry, I'm not as nice as I should be. But I do love the free dessert I can usually weasel out of them!

The Snow Queen said...

I paid for half of my kitchen cabinets (downstairs)in October and I am still waiting for the cabinets to be put in...Yeah I know what you mean.
Melissa

Grammy Staffy said...

Last week in Sunday school much of your dad's lesson was on the need of opposition in our lives. Maybe that applies to the service we get too. Do you think that we would appreciate getting good service if we never got bad service? I don't know but I would like to try it. Have a good day.

Shannon said...

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that gets bad service out there. I'm gonna start speaking up more, this trend has to end.