Sunday, November 16, 2008

I heart Suzanne

This is my aunt Suzanne. My mom's little sister.

Some people say that we look alike, which I have always taken as a compliment.

I have grown up wanting to be like her. As little girl I remember wishing that my hair was like hers and that I could drive a stick like she did ( I can still hear the click of her fingernails as she shifted and I liked that too). I remember her purple and white wedding bouquet and staying the night with her and eating oatmeal cookie dough.

We tease that we were supposed to be sisters.

It's funny now how we have things in common that I couldn't have planned. We both want our homes to feel like a beach cottage even thought she is in the mountains and I'm a good drive away myself. We both feel funner when our hair is short.

I love Suzanne.

I few weeks ago I took the boys up to Crestline to spend the day with her. We had so much fun walking around the lake and feeding the ducks. We had a picnic and played at the park. And completely wore the kids out. She even made special cookies that Corbin could eat. It was a beautiful day and Corbin still talks about going to the mountains to see Suzanne.

Thanks Suzanne for taking the day off of your life to play with us. It is so extra special to me that Corbin and Cooper get to love you too. They are lucky little boys.

6 comments:

The comstocks said...

you do look alike!

Stacey said...

I love this picture! You both have the most beautiful faces and yes, I too see the resemblence!
I just wanted to say that I love Aunt Suzanne too! We have the BEST family!

Kris said...

This picture really does show you and Suzanne looking alike. Amazing. There are even more ways you and Suzanne are alike.
1. You are both adorable.
2. You both are beautiful
3. You both are fun loving (even when your hair is long)!
4. You both love to make goodies for your family
5. You both are artistic
6. You both are WONDERFUL...I could say more but I have other things to say. Let me just add...
I LOVE, ADORE AND ADMIRE BOTH OF YOU AND CONSIDER YOU HEAVENLY FATHER'S GIFT TO ME.

The Snow Queen said...

YOu could take your mouth off and put it on Suzanne's face and i bet no one would know the difference. I need to call you. I need some advice. I think I'll do that now. love the post. she's lucky to be your aunt.

Erin said...

You guys look like sisters... she looks too young to be your aunt!

How fun to have such a close relationship! Family is the best!

Mike and Shelby said...

Wow, you do look a lot alike! It's so nice to have aunts to look up to and talk to. It's like having a second mom...or in your case, sister. :)