Santa Corbin (which is how Corbin now refers to himself when he wants a cookie, because you always leave cookies out when Santa comes) wanted no bake cookies the other day. I wasn't in the mood so I pulled out my good ol' Betty Crocker cookbook to find a chocolate cookie.
These were a big hit over here. They tasted a lot like brownies, which is awesome. I have yet to make a batch of brownies that comes out edible with our diet restrictions around here. So we thought these were really fun. I may even try making them in a 8x8 pan and see how they do as a bar cookie.
Anyway, here is the recipe if you're interested:
2 c. sugar
1/2 c. vegetable oil
2 t. vanilla
4 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
4 eggs
2 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1c. powdered sugar
Mix sugar, oil, vanilla, and chocolate. Then mix in eggs one at a time. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Cover and chill at least 3 hours.
Heat oven to 350ยบ. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls into powdered sugar: roll around to coat. Shape into balls. Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake until almost no indentation remains when touched. 10 to 12 min.
My Notes:
***I couldn't let my dough chill because of the egg replacer I use, so I used shortening instead of oil (thinking that would make the dough firmer with out chilling)
***1 square of unsweetended chocolate equals 3T. of unsweetened cocoa powder + 1T. shortening (or oil)
***I also just used my cookie scoop and then rolled the dough in the powder sugar. I didn't worry about making perfect balls.
So there you go. A cookie with Santa Corbin's seal of approval!

10 comments:
Santa Corbin melts my heart with each and every story. Can't wait to visit with all of you again!
thats the greatest picture. I love it. It still amazes me how much you have to change to make cookies. You are a great mom!
I love that picture! The cookies sound really good!
Those look sooooo YUMMY! And beautiful too! They don't look like much of a restriction at all!
sounds yummy. cute picture too.
...and you rock! homemade jammies every year for Christmas?!? the tugboats are way cute! (you were supposed to lie to me by the way!...smile)
I agree... your picture is priceless!!
Guess what?? We are now working with LDS family as well. We hope to be approved in the next couple of weeks. They have been great to work with. So we shall see!! smile!
I haven't had breakfast yet but I am thinking of trading in my shake for a cookie..They look great to me.
Signed, Santa Cookie's Grandma
Your recipe is so timely! Bryce is on a dairy free diet for the next few weeks to see if that's been the source of his chronic stomach problems. I was going to call you for an idea. this is perfect!!
Mmmmm....those look VERY tasty! I think I just might need to try those. Darling picture!
Santa Corbin is my kind of guy! He knows a good thing when he sees it!
Post a Comment